Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front End Wobble - Street Bob

Old 08-21-2007, 12:51 PM
iblakely
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front End Wobble - Street Bob

Guys I have a 2007 Street Bob with a Stage I. Recently, I noticed that my front end(handlebars) wobbles at high speeds (95-110). To prevent the wobble YES, I can slow down; but to fix the problem, do you think balancing the front tireor will a fork bracework.

Old 08-21-2007, 01:42 PM
Ihookmup
Intermediate
Default RE: Front End Wobble - Street Bob

Shouldn't be doing that, stage 1 or not, mine doesn't anyway.... Take it back to the dealer and let them fix it is what I would do.

Old 08-21-2007, 01:55 PM
grizzly
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you can get a dealer to fix a problem that occurs over 90 miles per hour....good luck!

I would go with a super brace. I plan on getting one myself.

Old 08-21-2007, 03:27 PM
Joe376
Cruiser

Mine wobbles at around 85-90 or so and Ive even straightened my front end. It was way crooked from the factory. I think its just the bike. I plan on getting a fork brace to fix it. About the only thing I can think of. That or slow down. : )

Old 08-21-2007, 03:59 PM
base700
5th Gear

Hi,
I have an 07 SB and I get the wobble around 90 too. I found that if I just lean way down on the tank andtuck my legs etc in real tightthat it goes away, leading me to believe its ME causing the wobble.? Of course it just feels better at that speed to me, cause the wind isn't trying to pry me off my seat.

But to the previous poster (Joe376)about straigtening the front end....could you explain more please. To me, when I'm riding straight, it appears the handle bars and front end is kinda jacked a little to the right. I don't 'feel' symetrical with the bike....like my right arm has more of a bend in it than my left? I'm no wrench but I can do the basics, any help/advice would be apprecitated.
Thanks
Blair

Old 08-21-2007, 04:11 PM
jethro2000
Advanced

The wobble can also be caused by your suspension and/or tires. Check your suspension settings, tire pressure/wear, look for loose spokes, the obvious things that can cause a wobble. I have yet to get my Street Bob that fast, I am still breaking it in... I have had many bikes in the past exhibit high speed wobble due to poorly balanced tires or suspension needing adjustment. Hope you get it fixed cheaply, free if possible.

Old 08-21-2007, 04:54 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

yeah i get the wobblen around 90 to 100 thats the fastest i ve been so far.

Old 08-21-2007, 04:58 PM
reded
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've noticed it in mine also but only when sitting upright and with a jacket on. If I lean down a little it goes away. Never had it happen without a jacket on which leads me to believe that the wind is tugging at the jacket and making my arms move, which in turn causes the front end to feel wobbly.

Old 08-21-2007, 05:05 PM
TRITON
Road Master

Unless you're on a sportbike (thank God we're not) you're gonna get a wobble going that fast from just the wid hitting you.

Old 08-21-2007, 05:13 PM
reded
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The wind will buffet against loose clothing enough to cause the bars to wobble. I spent 3 hrs on I-29 researching it myself, not because I wanted to, because I had to in order to preserve my health.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Front End Wobble - Street Bob