Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Dyna Glide Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models-9/)
-   -   New T-bars, etc. - it's done (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models/152646-new-t-bars-etc-its-done.html)

Cloud09King 09-21-2007 03:50 PM

RE: New T-bars, etc. - it's done

FXDC Rider,

Thanks alot for the compliment. I never thought of chaning the color of the battery box, not a bad idea, guess it will have to go in my list of...want-to-do-mods...The list keeps getting longer. =)

I really like how the pewter pearl and black combo sets the silver engine off.
I was really torn between theblack color that you have and the pewter pearl.
My decision was made easier as the dealer didn't have any black in stock when I was ready to buy.
I think those are my two fav colors for 07.

Cheers,

Tom
You made a good choice! Think that's the first pic I've ever seen with one in that color? Those are the only 2 colors I would have ever gotten too! Color choice was kinda the opposite for me, only had a black one & it already had over $2K worth of chrome already done to it as one of the employees was going to buy it for himself until his wife found out!:D

trip20 09-21-2007 04:50 PM

That's a great look, 2007fxdc. Changes the look of the bike substantially IMO.

I have never liked the handlebars on the Super Glides (more for their feel than their look), so if that's more comfortable to boot, in addition to adding even better looks, that's cool.

So you rode an hour getting pelted by water needles in the face? You're the man, I'm not worthy. [sm=hail.gif] :D

glide05 09-21-2007 05:02 PM

2007fxdc - Those bars look great on your bike. I'll be lookin into them - though I got the speedo issue. Nothin a few $ can't solve.

054 - got to jump on the bandwagon there too - the color of your ride is "freekin gorgeous" - I've never seen another one like it.

good weekend everyone!

2007fxdc 09-21-2007 10:16 PM

ORIGINAL: ZeroFiveFour

2000fxdc,

Your bars look fantastic. Thanks for the pics. I was always wondering what t-bars looked like with out the internal wiring. Looks really nice imho.
Great new look!

Cheers,

Tom
Not sure what you mean "with out the internal wiring". Mine are wired internally. Thanks though.

ZeroFiveFour 09-22-2007 08:33 AM

ORIGINAL: 2007fxdc

ORIGINAL: ZeroFiveFour

2000fxdc,

Your bars look fantastic. Thanks for the pics. I was always wondering what t-bars looked like with out the internal wiring. Looks really nice imho.
Great new look!

Cheers,

Tom
Not sure what you mean "with out the internal wiring". Mine are wired internally. Thanks though.
My mistake.So you were able to use the existing stock cables with these bars? Any issues with too much cable getting in the way or any thing like that?

Cheers on a great looking ride. I love the -T-Bar look.

Tom

2007fxdc 09-23-2007 10:14 AM

I didn't watch the install but it doesn't appear any cables were shortened or lengthened. The dealer's service manager checked around the shop to make sure that they had done a bike like mine before with those bars without any cable changes before I rode all the way over there to find out they needed something they didn't have in stock.

I do love the look and the new feel.

2007fxdc 09-24-2007 08:31 AM

ORIGINAL: MikeyFXD35

Yes are they the 31.5" bars? I would like to do the same just don't want to go to wide and look like a sky diver driving down the road.
Mikey, I'll have to measure for you but these definitely aren't wide bars. They aren't as narrow as night train bars but they aren't "skydiver" bars either.

dynarider05 09-24-2007 09:46 AM

Can those bars be installed on a bike with a handlebar mounted speedo? If so, any ideas on this would be helpful. I want the street slammer bars or something similar on my bike in the worst way but I am unsure of the speedo as far as where it would be mounted.

2007fxdc 09-24-2007 10:02 AM

It has been suggested that you can. I believe I have seen FXD's with these types of bars before. My advice would be to ask a dealer about it. Just because you ask about it doesn't mean you have to let them do the work.