Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Super Glide

Old 10-26-2007, 04:53 PM
snuffer
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Glide

Why is the Super Glide so much cheaper then the other Dyna bikes. I think the 08's also went down $1000 bucks from the previous 07 prices.

Old 10-26-2007, 05:19 PM
walc
Cruiser
Default RE: Super Glide

Probably, to get people started buying all the high-priced accessories.
All I know is that the '08 is a fantastic value bike!!!

Old 10-26-2007, 05:20 PM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member

Lot's of reasons.

1. Silver motor- this is opinion based on th desire for black motors these days.
2. Bar mounted speedo- another opinion based on the idea that so many seem to prefer the tank mounted type.
3. Most come very stock with a minumum of chrome and IMO a good starting point for someone on a budget that needs something bigger than a Sporty.
4. Initially set up for solo riding only.
5. Mid Controls...........
6. Mag Wheels versus spoked wheels.
7. The other bikes in the line are more in demand from the public, hence the drive up in price by the dealers.

These are not facts, just my observations.

Old 10-26-2007, 06:29 PM
nofxd
Advanced

I think there are only a handful of riders who want a basic bike with not a lot of chrome and accessories. I love everything about my FXD. It just looks like it was made to ride and not to show off. Yeah I can put a bunch of stuff on it but I am actually happy with it stock for now.

Before I bought my '08, one dealer was trying to sell me an '07 with 1800 miles, drag bars, and Thunder Headers 2-1. It was a bike that I had alwys pictured me riding, but he just wanted too much for it. All I could think was, "man, if I don't buy this bike, nobody is!" Two months later, I still see the bike sitting there.

I think they are so inexpensive now because there are just a handful of us who just want the bare essentials. Like Jay said, everyone else wants the shine and Harley knows it.

I think the FXD is the baddest bike in the line....JMO.

Old 10-26-2007, 06:36 PM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member

Funny you metioned the used bike thing. I got sucked in on Harleys whena sales guy showed me a chopper blue 05 FXD with mini apes and pythons. Sounded great but it cost 1500 more than what I paid for my brand new one last January. Still got mine and that same chopper blue bike is still on the floor at the stealer. Guess I must have done something right.

Old 10-26-2007, 06:39 PM
Chipstah
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like any manufacturer, the MOCO need a stripper/loss leader so they can advertise a low starting price for the Dyna line to attract buyers into the showroom like they do with the 883 Sportster, then they move you up to the more expensive models with the goodies already installed. For many off the street shoppers, once they see a plain jane Street Glide next to one of the other models, most will opt up I suspect. To me the best deal right now is the Dyna Custom for just $1k more. Huge price drop from '07. JMHO. OK by me, glad to see prices drop (except the St Bob) - good for the market place if not resale for those of us with '06s and '07s.

Chip

Old 10-26-2007, 06:44 PM
Sec Super Glide
Road Captain

When I was done with my 75 Super Glide the engine was polished like chrome not chrome because it holds to much heat. Chrome rear swing arm six inch over front end bored 60 over and alot more . Now my 05 Super Glide lowerd one inch tank lift two inch seven inch rizers drag bar.I am just getting started so as you can see I can set up the bike just the way I like. Rember when you sell a harley the only thing that you gurrantee is it does not smoke.

Old 10-26-2007, 06:54 PM
richnmib
Cruiser

I love my 2008 FXD. It is everything I like in any kind of vehicle. Nothing fancy just gas and go. Just the way I like it, especially when it is time to wash. Hell,I am probably the only person who does not have power anything in my truck.

Old 10-26-2007, 06:56 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

the prices dropped ... no wonder the stealers want more for a used 07 than a new 08... God i really dig the info this forum gives me.

Old 10-26-2007, 07:04 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter

Received 4,281 Likes on 2,349 Posts

Oh the lowly FXD. I like to think of it like a blank canvas waiting for the artist's brush. Oh sure You could buy the wide glide with the mini apes, bobbed tail, wide forks, etc., etc. When one buys the FXD Superglide he or she has a starting point to personalize their Harley. Been to a BIG rally? You probably won't see two alike. The FXD is a starting point ( the blank canvas) for the owner (the artist) to finish his work.That's the way I see it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Super Glide