Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

* HOW TO * under fifty bux *

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 01:48 PM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Barkeeps Friend

Did it scratch the cjlhrome any, or was it all chemical reactions? I know there is no cure for scratched or even swirled chrome,

Old 10-08-2018, 02:26 PM
boneill
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Not chrome, stainless steel. It already had some “texture”. The bartenders friend has almost no grit/abrasive. It didn’t take a lot of elbow grease so I assume there is some chemical reaction also.

Old 10-08-2018, 03:58 PM
mud
muderator
Received 8,738 Likes on 2,059 Posts

Nice job Boneill

Old 10-17-2018, 06:38 PM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by mud
Nice job Boneill
And a big thankee from me, because I have stainless 2-1's, and they blued at the junction. I recall that Blueaway or other products for this were ,expensive,
A cold beer cheer for this man!

Last edited by Quadancer; 10-17-2018 at 06:45 PM. Reason: autocorrect screwed
Old 11-12-2018, 07:25 PM
MotoArts
Novice
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

License plate bracket mod.
Young son wanted a laydown bracket, but had a zero budget to work with.
So, he simply removed the rear stiffener and reflector, pushed the rest of the holder over, and accidentally trapped the phillips screws. We eyeballed the screw locations, started with a pilot drill and worked up to the screw head size to get them out and make it serviceable. Lighting was accomplished with these ebay license plate LED bolts wired to the empty socket inside the taillight normally reserved for the FL style rear fender red tip light. Vibration worries shouldn't be an issue with the cast metal Emgo frame around the plate that also covers the new mount screw access holes. I blacked out the top of the tail light with some flat black vinyl, but I think the bottom needs to be done also. When I do my Low Rider, I'll tape off the rear lens and mist some black inside to reduce the red edges seen from the outside. Total investment = $15.

Sorry for the big pics, I don't know how to shrink them from saved album pics.

No radio required or desired.

2004 883 cleaned, serviced, lightly modified to taste and ready to ride, spring 2018. It's a great machine.

The following users liked this post:
ABQ-Jammer (11-14-2018)
Old 11-14-2018, 10:28 AM
ABQ-Jammer
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 4,752 Likes on 2,317 Posts

Originally Posted by MotoArts
License plate bracket mod.
Young son wanted a laydown bracket, but had a zero budget to work with.
So, he simply removed the rear stiffener and reflector, pushed the rest of the holder over, and accidentally trapped the phillips screws. We eyeballed the screw locations, started with a pilot drill and worked up to the screw head size to get them out and make it serviceable. Lighting was accomplished with these ebay license plate LED bolts wired to the empty socket inside the taillight normally reserved for the FL style rear fender red tip light. Vibration worries shouldn't be an issue with the cast metal Emgo frame around the plate that also covers the new mount screw access holes. I blacked out the top of the tail light with some flat black vinyl, but I think the bottom needs to be done also. When I do my Low Rider, I'll tape off the rear lens and mist some black inside to reduce the red edges seen from the outside. Total investment = $15.

Sorry for the big pics, I don't know how to shrink them from saved album pics.

No radio required or desired.

2004 883 cleaned, serviced, lightly modified to taste and ready to ride, spring 2018. It's a great machine.
Is that a NOS bottle being used as a catch for the breather bolts to intimidate/impress anyone looking at it?

Old 11-15-2018, 07:16 AM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Default NOS bottle

If it is, I think that's an awesome idea!, I'll put that one up there with leaving your empty pistol holster attached to the bike, Might as well let 'em know!

Last edited by Quadancer; 11-15-2018 at 07:17 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-15-2018, 08:36 AM
MotoArts
Novice
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ABQ-Jammer
Is that a NOS bottle being used as a catch for the breather bolts to intimidate/impress anyone looking at it?
It's just some bottle that I had in the garage - it's a fake - no idea what it was originally used for. He even added some NOS solenoids for a Holley plate system that I had hanging around, just peeking out from under the tank after this pic was taken. The vintage NOS and Screamin' Eagle stickers are from years of accumulating stuff, and when I ran the squeeze on my stock Ninja 900 in the 80's . Either way, I think it sure is a cool scoot for a 17 year old kid's first street bike (that he bought, cleaned and serviced himself, BTW). The hula girl bobble on the tank gets more attention than the bottle, though, LOL!

Last edited by MotoArts; 11-15-2018 at 08:38 AM.
The following users liked this post:
ABQ-Jammer (11-16-2018)
Old 11-16-2018, 11:28 AM
ABQ-Jammer
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 4,752 Likes on 2,317 Posts

Originally Posted by MotoArts
It's just some bottle that I had in the garage - it's a fake - no idea what it was originally used for. He even added some NOS solenoids for a Holley plate system that I had hanging around, just peeking out from under the tank after this pic was taken. The vintage NOS and Screamin' Eagle stickers are from years of accumulating stuff, and when I ran the squeeze on my stock Ninja 900 in the 80's . Either way, I think it sure is a cool scoot for a 17 year old kid's first street bike (that he bought, cleaned and serviced himself, BTW). The hula girl bobble on the tank gets more attention than the bottle, though, LOL!
Yeah, I noticed the hula girl right off the bat, too. Does look good, though. Thanks for sharing the info.

Old 11-17-2018, 12:14 AM
jjp11785
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks great....

Quick Reply: * HOW TO * under fifty bux *