Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

* HOW TO * under fifty bux *

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 09:15 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by mudpuddle
How does it work??

mud
Usage:
Remove cap from master cylinder. Attach pump to drain plug on caliper. Open drain. Pull plunger and it will suck all fluid into the syringe. Tighten drain plug before air gets back in. Check fluid level. Refill master cylinder when necessary. repeat process until syringe is full. Remove tubing from drain. Aim in a safe disposal container. Compress plunger. Continue process of pumping down the brake line until fresh clean brake fluid is all you're getting without bubbles. Also, when using the pump, do it easy because too much pressure and you'll probably mess up some of the seals. /end usage

I wanted to get this on video but my digi-cam needed a charge and I had a bug up my butt to get it done. Maybe I'll re-bleed them again and this way y'all can see it in action.

Last edited by SC-Longhair; 10-13-2008 at 10:03 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:52 PM
mud
muderator
Received 8,732 Likes on 2,058 Posts

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
Remove cap from master cylinder.
Attach pump to drain plug on caliper.
Open drain.
Pull plunger and it will suck all fluid into the syringe.
Tighten drain plug before air gets back in.
Check fluid level.
Refill master cylinder when necessary.
repeat process until syringe is full.
Remove tubing from drain.
Aim in a safe disposal container.
Compress plunger.
Continue process of pumping down the brake line
until fresh clean brake fluid is all you're getting.

Now we're talking.

Slick technique.

mud

Old 10-13-2008, 10:04 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

Sorry bout that. When I posted it, I was rushing. Having a little one makes time very precious and baby girl is the boss (for now.)

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 05-30-2015 at 07:42 AM.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:41 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

very nice it is like a cheap mini vac! love it

Old 10-14-2008, 07:15 PM
XKROME
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

i was wondering how i was going to do that when the time came, good idea.
just noticed that we just broke 1000 posts on this thread. the bagger forum has allot more members and their version only has 300...i think we put allot more thought into our mods. Dyna's rule.

Old 10-14-2008, 07:25 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

I'm sure if we filtered off the extraneous posts, leaving just the actual "under $50" mods, the thread would be considerably shorter.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:26 PM
dklozik
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I was reminded of a cheap mod today. The wife just got a new sporty and wanted her mods done now. So I hid the wires in the bars for starters. I posted about this way back towards the beginning when I did the wires on my Bob, but never did pictures. Since it is all the same, if anyone is interested I can go over the post again, but with pictures. Completely free mod and cleans up the appearance of the bike as well.

Old 10-15-2008, 12:05 AM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dklozik
I was reminded of a cheap mod today. The wife just got a new sporty and wanted her mods done now. So I hid the wires in the bars for starters. I posted about this way back towards the beginning when I did the wires on my Bob, but never did pictures. Since it is all the same, if anyone is interested I can go over the post again, but with pictures. Completely free mod and cleans up the appearance of the bike as well.
I found the thread here, but all the pictures were lost with the forum software upgrade...if you have the time, I think this project would be a cool addition to this thread.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models/172813-doin-some-bob-mods-w-pics.html

Old 10-15-2008, 12:26 AM
dklozik
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

The first part is tear everything apart, get the tank out of the way, and find all your main wiring plugs. You can take the plugs apart and run the wires through the bars, then put the plugs back together. Some of the pics are from doing the wifes sporty today and some are of the Bob finished. When you get the bars off, you will notice some indentions under where the throttle and clutch lever is.

You will cut a notch there on each side to slide the wires in. You will then cut a notch under the center of the bars, in the center of the clamp

Cleans up the outside of the bars pretty well.

The most time consuming part is the actual wiring. You can break down the 8pin connector, that way you can avoid cutting & splicing/soldering. I will be happy to help with any questions

Old 10-15-2008, 09:37 PM
chengdave2003
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default HOW TO - under fifty bux

I'm not sure if these qualify cause although the parts were made with some materials I had on hand, it did require a lathe and milling machine to make, but I'll put them here anyway. The first is a new choke **** that I made from stainless steel and incorporated the chin strap screw from my military combination cap (U. S. Coast Guard).

The other is a bracket that I built to replace the sissy bar/back rest when I'm not carrying a passenger, etc. It's made from aluminum and uses the hat device from a USCG garrison cap. I clipped the prongs the clutch fasteners attach to. I used double backed tape to attach it to the bar. I eventually plan to have it chrome plated. I can easily replace the sissy bar should it be needed.

Dave

Last edited by chengdave2003; 03-03-2010 at 08:34 AM. Reason: upload better quality pictures

Quick Reply: * HOW TO * under fifty bux *