Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

* HOW TO * under fifty bux *

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 10:01 AM
XKROME
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

wish I could crush mine, sure would take up allot less space. but up here in Orygun we get a nickle apiece for them. not sure if it's worth the trouble though, maybe a 2008 mudCrusher is in my future.

Old 11-08-2008, 02:16 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

cheap way to black out spokes... doing this for a cafe project i am building... figured i would share the rims i am doing:
did not want to unlace to powder... so here is what i did:
well i first washed the whole wheel in simple green 5-1 ratio with water...
then i used a wire wheel ultra fine to scuff it up a bit... from here i cleaned the hell out of the wheel with water and scrub brush...
taped it all up... found that if i cut a piece of tape in half i could wrap the nipples real fast then run a piece between each spoke... then wrap the rest of the wheel... wipe it all down with some rubbing alchole and a tack cloth... and shot the wheel in black epoxy paint (primer not recomended for this paint):
total cost 7 bucks (paint and tape)

Old 11-08-2008, 04:34 PM
vetto
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is Awesome Joe! I love that you left the rim chrome and just painted the spokes and hub...it looks killer!

Mine are all painted out, but starting to flake (poor prep)...I was thinking of using Eastwood Chassis Black rattle can. It is supposed to hold up to being sprayed on the underside of a car, so I figure it would work (12 bucks a can though...)

Old 11-08-2008, 05:27 PM
Slipstrm
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Texas Inspection Sticker Relocation Mod
I recently installed Sidemount plates on my FXD (Fab'ed it myself, total cost was $40 for the diamond shaped tail light module) and my Wife's Softail.
I had to relocate the inpection stickers on both and here's my solution.
The FXSTC I decided to used the left passenger peg, I got a piece of Nickel Plated plumbing pipe, took the peg off the bike pushed it into the pipe, fits tight but can still be rotated.
On my Super Glide I decided to make a plate that would fit on the axle under the Axle mounted Licence plate holder I mad, cost was nothing as I had the flat laying around, just had to shape it and drill a 3/4" hole for the axle.

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:40 PM
Slipstrm
Road Master
Default Home Made Side Mount Plate Tail Light

I recently built a Sidemount for my FXD.
Bent a flat into an L shape, Srilled a 3/4" Hole for the Axle.
Used another flat as the plate holder, drilled and riveted it together,
The Diamond tail light module cost me $40.
(Also pictured is the Inspection sticker plate seen in the previous post)
Now that the rear end is cleaned up a little, a fender mod is in order!

Old 11-08-2008, 06:06 PM
vetto
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

slipstrm, those vertical plate mounts are illegal in CT. The statute for markers specifically reads "horizontal" and legible from 50ft away. Some friends on mine are starting to get cited for their plates. (must be a lack of state revenue at the gas pump...o wait)

Old 11-08-2008, 06:12 PM
Slipstrm
Road Master

Originally Posted by vetto
slipstrm, those vertical plate mounts are illegal in CT. The statute for markers specifically reads "horizontal" and legible from 50ft away. Some friends on mine are starting to get cited for their plates. (must be a lack of state revenue at the gas pump...o wait)
Florida just made them tabu also, For the time being here in Texas they are still legal.
The one I put on my Wife's bike I just purchased from a person in Florida, he was'nt wasting any time phasing it out!

Old 11-09-2008, 12:16 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by HogGlider
Here is another cheap/free modification. You will need a torch for this to make it easy and get the right bends to the mirror stems.

I have a great field of view from behind now versus having them mounted above the bars, plus it kind of gives the bike a lower/sleeker appearance now.

Damn, I gotta visit this side of town more often. Ever since I changed the mini apes on my Custom (yes I ride a Softail, so please don't flame me) for a set of much lower bars. I have been scratching my head trying to figure out how to get the mirrors where I can really use them without making stems that are a foot longer than stock.
Before I changed the bars they did what they were supposed to. But after the change all I can see is my own arms and shoulders.
I think I'm going to have to at least try putting them underneath to see if they work better down there. Thanks for the tip.

Old 11-09-2008, 08:21 AM
buellrider76
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default fingernail polish

For a couple bucks you can go to about any store and get a bottle of fingernail polish in virtually any color to use as touch up paint. Good thing about this is it comes with it's own bush and dries very hard. If you're to manly to carry fingernail polish the same thing can be accomplished with model paint. Just don't forget your q-tip brushes!

Old 11-09-2008, 08:35 AM
buellrider76
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Rear running lights

When I put on the side mount plate I started having troubles with cars coming up on me real fast and realized that the low side mounted light made me look farther away than I really was so I decided to make the rear blinkers running/flashers like the fronts. I bought a set of fronts off eBay and took the guts out of them. Had to drill out the rear stems two sizes. Be careful not to drill into the threads. I used a press and vise. This allowed the three wires to fit. Mount the signals back on the bike. Referring to your manual, splice into the running light signal to the rear brake/running light and wire the other two wires to ground and flashers as stock and you have running lights on the back.

Quick Reply: * HOW TO * under fifty bux *