Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob Squadron - owners check in!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 01:28 AM
FatBobber
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gloss Black 08 Fatbob, but getting ready for a custom paint

Old 06-06-2010, 04:29 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 911 Likes on 662 Posts

Been over at V-twin for a few years, finally checked in here. Like a lot of the mods I've seen in this thread. Mine's an '09. Did these mods about a year ago, I see similar ones here. Duo-glide style rear fender is the next big project. Also thinking about the 7 inch headlight. Still deciding on a tombstone tail light or integrated turn signal/break lights like a '10 WG with a side mount plate. Also thinking about painting it army green similar to one I've seen here. Any way...here's where it's at now. Thanks for the future inspiration to all here.

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:27 PM
freeflyr25
Novice

Another black denim one here...2010. been in the garage about 10 days now though since my dog sabotaged (chewed up) the circuit board for the rear turn signals and brake light.

Old 06-06-2010, 09:39 PM
Horseshack
Advanced
Wink

It might be time to choose between the dog and the hog!

Old 06-07-2010, 01:36 AM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member

Trying to post pics another way...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 06-07-2010, 03:06 AM
flenders
Novice

Originally Posted by Thingfish
Been over at V-twin for a few years, finally checked in here. Like a lot of the mods I've seen in this thread. Mine's an '09. Did these mods about a year ago, I see similar ones here. Duo-glide style rear fender is the next big project. Also thinking about the 7 inch headlight. Still deciding on a tombstone tail light or integrated turn signal/break lights like a '10 WG with a side mount plate. Also thinking about painting it army green similar to one I've seen here. Any way...here's where it's at now. Thanks for the future inspiration to all here.

Awesome bike!

Old 06-07-2010, 11:05 AM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Big R
Just finished my Winter remodel project. Removed the tins and had them painted (original color was vivid black), added the brown leather, and did a few other minor modifications. I also have the detachable sissybar w/luggage rack (and brown leather backrest pad), and detachable windshield.

The color came out a little lighter than I expected, but it's sort of grown on me... Kind of a retro pastel green...
Really nice treatment. One of the best I've seen. Color is great with the brown leather. Perfect as is but I have trouble leaving stuff alone. You might consider painting the dash and fuel caps gloss black to set it off further, and maybe a black fatboy headlight...although your instincts seem dead on already. Great job.

Old 06-07-2010, 11:12 AM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member

Thanks Flenders. Your sig says your still blacking stuff out on yours. Thought I'd pass on that I've had perfect color match results for Black Denim with Rustoleum Universal Flat Black spray paint. Scuffing up the surface first with a scotchbrite pad, it has held up really well too. With good use of painters tape I was amazed what I could paint perfectly on my bike without disassembly.

Old 06-07-2010, 12:38 PM
sbaalman
Cruiser

Vivid Black on my '09 Fat Bob. So far she's stock, with the addition of detachable sissy bar. Next up is a windshield and some different mufflers. Might powdercoat the wheels down the road and/or some custom paint.

I really like what Thingfish has done with his so far, beautiful job so far!

Old 06-07-2010, 11:08 PM
dnebout
Cruiser

Hey all. I was looking through this forum a few weeks ago and found a army green fat bob with a wide glide fender. Looked very badass. Anybody know whos it is or where I can see a pic of it again on this forum?

Quick Reply: Fat Bob Squadron - owners check in!