Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T-Bars / Drag Bar Pics on Street Bob?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 08:16 PM
chris_FXDBI
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-Bars / Drag Bar Pics on Street Bob?

Hey All, I was wondering if anyone has put drag / T-Bars on their Street Bob and had pics they could post. I am thinking of swapping to the drag bars but would like to see what it looks like first. Thanks the help. chris_FXDBI

Old 02-06-2006, 09:38 PM
2TOGO
1st Gear
Default RE: T-Bars / Drag Bar Pics on Street Bob?

I've got a street bob too, and am thinking the same way. are you going to put taller risers to keep height up, or same riser?

Old 02-06-2006, 09:40 PM
MaineHD
Cruiser

you can see a couple pics if you look at the pics in my profile. There just a couple quick ones that i took, but can elaborate/ or take more if necessary.

Joe

Old 02-06-2006, 10:57 PM
chris_FXDBI
Novice

Looks nice Joe! Can you tell me what parts you used, and if you had to use shorter cables ect.? I'm from Maine as well.

2TOGO, Joe seems to have good setup. I like the look of the tall risers. chris_FXDBI

Old 02-07-2006, 12:05 AM
MaineHD
Cruiser

Chris,

The risers are 6" billet riser i got through Dennis Kirk made by drag specalties. The bars are from a Nightrain. I used stock Nightrain idle and throttle cables, as well as brake line. The clutch cable i ended up with was from a FXLR not sure what the year is, but is just the right length. To me i prefer the drag bar look and i think it looks mean riding with the slight forward leanm not relaxed back. Where are you located in maine?

Old 02-07-2006, 12:13 AM
chris_FXDBI
Novice

How much of a pain in the butt to change over? I'm mechanically inclined some what but not an expert. I'm in the Ellsworth area. You?

Old 02-07-2006, 12:25 AM
chris_FXDBI
Novice

MaineHD, Looks like you have forward controls as well. I'm going that route soon. If you have forward controls, are they HD, and did you do the work yourself? I heard you have to open both primary covers = Pain in the _ _ s for me.

Old 02-07-2006, 10:04 AM
MaineHD
Cruiser

Chris,

I had the dealer do the forwards, because i heard on here it was a pain. As far as the handle bar swap goes its all pretty strait forward, but you should get a service manual to help you. I should mention thou, i still am trying to get my clutch to engage after chaging the cable out. Im not concerned thou, and as soon as i figure that out, ill be doing the same swap to my fathers that you can see a bit of in the back ground. Also im from Lewiston.

Old 02-07-2006, 12:01 PM
chris_FXDBI
Novice

Thanks for the info MaineHD. I'll probably do the same, bars =me, forwards = dealer. Money is tight right now so It will have to come down to priorities first....forward controls! Thanks again! chris_FXDBI

Old 04-04-2009, 03:27 PM
nobe80
Stage II
Default 08 street bob

I am looking into putting drag bars on my 2008 street bob but in 08 the risers are built into the triple tree. has anyone done this and where can I find a triple tree.

Quick Reply: T-Bars / Drag Bar Pics on Street Bob?