Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HDI World pls help this out !!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 12:51 PM
kuleli
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HDI World pls help this out !!!

hi again
I got some news about the issue. I went to dealer today. we took off front o2 sensor from a street bob 07 model and installed mine. happy to say no error codes of p0134. as I did not install rear o2 sensor po154 code still remains. we just tried and it worked. so I will order both front and rear o2 sensors . part no 29683-06 is same for front and rear. after adding o2 I hope there wont be codes anymore.
&nbsp\\;
only question is I see few posts talking about o2 eliminators. I do not know what is this for. any comments appreciated
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-30-2008, 03:16 PM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

If I am not mistaken the PCIII does not use O2 sensors and comes with some sort of O2 eliminators. The Power commander might be the low budget fix for your problem.
&nbsp\\;
Seems like the error codes are more of an annoyance than a real problem. You are only getting them because there are no O2 sensors, not because of an actual&nbsp\\;lean condition. Seems like you could just ignore the codes in this case.
&nbsp\\;
I am running XIEDs, J.E.T. Phase 2 AC, and mufflers w/drilled baffles. Every now and again I get the P0134 and the P0154. I can't detect any excessive leanness in the way the bike runs.

Old 06-30-2008, 03:29 PM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

BTW, what's it like riding in Istanbul?

Old 06-30-2008, 09:33 PM
efciv
Cruiser

You may be able to get just the O2 eliminators from Fuel Moto. These come with
the PCIII.

Old 07-01-2008, 01:21 AM
kuleli
Cruiser

Sorry if I bother you but please tell me which of the options I should proceed
1)&nbsp\\; installing o2 sensors ?&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; (because front o2 sensor error code stopped when I installed. and rear code still comes up as I did not install o2 sensor in the back)
2) or instead of buying o2 sensors should I buy pcIII as they come with eliminators ? in this case, why I need to eliminate o2's if they are working properly. Do you think that I will get the codes even if I install o2 sensors ?
&nbsp\\;
buying o2's are only usd usd 100 ( usd 50 per each ) .I do not know how much is the pcIII ?
&nbsp\\;
Riding in istanbul is like you ride in a circus. there are 15 million people in this city&nbsp\\;and we have God damn traffic problem. In any case I drive just for pleasure on weekends. and ride to work daily....
&nbsp\\;
thank you very much indeed for those replying to my post

Old 07-01-2008, 02:45 AM
man4mopar
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

ORIGINAL: kuleli

Sorry if I bother you but please tell me which of the options I should proceed
1)&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; installing o2 sensors ?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; (because front o2 sensor error code stopped when I installed. and rear code still comes up as I did not install o2 sensor in the back)
2) or instead of buying o2 sensors should I buy pcIII as they come with eliminators ? in this case, why I need to eliminate o2's if they are working properly. Do you think that I will get the codes even if I install o2 sensors ?
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
buying o2's are only usd usd 100 ( usd 50 per each ) .I do not know how much is the pcIII ?
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Riding in istanbul is like you ride in a circus. there are 15 million people in this city&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;and we have God damn traffic problem. In any case I drive just for pleasure on weekends. and ride to work daily....
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
thank you very much indeed for those replying to my post
&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; My opinion is to use the O2 sensors you ordered. You will then have a closed loop system instead of the open loop system you have now.

&nbsp\\; The PCIII is around $250-$300 US. Which gives you a fuel management system that is a open loop system. Many online maps that would work like a downloaded map from HD.

&nbsp\\; The PCIII O2 eliminators are a pair of resistors. Maybe some one would be willing to measure there resistance so you could make your own. I want to say 330 ohm resistors jumping the O2 sensor wiring would work. 330 ohm resistors are roughly $1 US each but I am not certain 330 ohms is correct. What you would be after is the 1 volt signal voltage sent from the ECM to be .45 volt back. This would get your HD download to work without buying a PCIII or the O2 sensors and may cost as little as $2 dollars US.

Old 07-01-2008, 03:00 AM
kuleli
Cruiser

man4mopar
so If I install o2 sensors then error codes disappear. This is the main issue for me.
Then if I do not want to put resistor and use the bike as closed loop what makes the difference ? will the bike run lean or not performing well etc...
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 07-21-2008, 04:07 AM
kuleli
Cruiser

Hi
I just installed the o2 sensors and codes disappeared. I thank all of you for your nice comments.
&nbsp\\;
06 hdi wg
se II mufflers
se a/c
stage 1
16 apes
lot of chrome