Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Dyna Glide Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models-9/)
-   -   Dual Brakes on Street Bob- fast, straight, no fade (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models/266574-dual-brakes-on-street-bob-fast-straight-no-fade.html)

davidarg 09-30-2008 03:23 PM

Anyone have the part # for:

-Spacer seals
-guide bushings,
-Banjo fittings,
-Brake T,
-wheel spacer

For puting the brembo brakes on a street bob. I have all the fork ready but need the parts to install the calipers and discs of a 2008 touring (brembo)

Thanks!!!

Dave

Budds 09-30-2008 05:29 PM

First thing I noticed on Elvira......
Go EASY on the Fronts !!!!!!!
Two fingers will stop ya plenty.... Three will have ya doin Stoppies with the Power Rangers ! :D

Truthfully I have locked up the front more times than I'd like to admit... its almost TOO easy.
I have to warn the Mech. @ the shop everytime I see him getting ready for Test ride after any work he's done..... I always get that "I know how to RIDE a MC, Moron !" Look.... But I've also seen him almost dump it twice cuz he grabs a little too hard @ the Stop sign in front of the Shop ! ;)

Anywyas...............

BUSCHA 09-30-2008 06:28 PM

Jay, thanks for the useful info. To all- I have a 08 FXDC and I soon plan to go with wide glide trees and a 21'' wheel (setup similar to WS6 and JDredfire). Reading the posts on dual disks I am thinking about changing to dual disks at the same time. So here is my question: is there a (hopefully easy) way to get dual disks with a wide glide set up and a 21" wheel?

SC-Longhair 10-13-2008 07:32 PM

I know elsewhere on the site someone tried to use the fat bob lowers but if I remember something limited the conversion. If not, and someone was able to do it there is a set chrome lowers from a fat bob (49mm) on ebay.

I know I inquired with my local dealer if there were plans to come up with a kit like the one offered for 04-05 dynas. He said not that he knew of. He said if it was something I wanted to pursue, he could definitely piece something together. I may just see what sort of estimate he can give me, just for sh*ts.

jb1023 12-03-2009 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair (Post 3988338)
I know elsewhere on the site someone tried to use the fat bob lowers but if I remember something limited the conversion. If not, and someone was able to do it there is a set chrome lowers from a fat bob (49mm) on ebay.

I know I inquired with my local dealer if there were plans to come up with a kit like the one offered for 04-05 dynas. He said not that he knew of. He said if it was something I wanted to pursue, he could definitely piece something together. I may just see what sort of estimate he can give me, just for sh*ts.

Hey SC,
Did you ever get this estimate? you know for sh*ts and giggles;-) Just curious. I hope somebody comes up with\knows of a way to do this on a WG without braking the bank. All these threads seem to be for the "other" dynas.

bigdaddy33 12-03-2009 11:59 AM

Jay,

Excellent write-up. Thanks for taking the time to do it. Providing some details (ie. stopping distance going from 95' to less than 75') is real helpful.

lostgringo 12-26-2009 03:08 PM

ok,, its december, where is everybody with this project? did buscha do his 08 fxdc? i want to do the same with an o9 fxdc, maybe just keep the 19 wheel tho, dont really see much gain with the 21 cause the tires are lower profile than the 19s. big question on my end is do i need to change the front forks if i go to dual brakes? it appears an easy install for the wide glide forks, mine are skinnier, somewhere in b etween a wg and a sporty looks like.
any info is appreciated,
and note to big daddy, with all that extra horsepower, you better get more brakes sooooon!

Centerline 12-26-2009 07:30 PM

Excellent writeup and mod JayRisk ! I am absolutely astounded that Harley turns out so many bikes with such a pitiful lack of brake authority..... i.e. really heavy bikes with only one front disc brake. I wanted a dyna, stock with two up front, but had to wait for the Fat Bob to arrive on the scene.

p51bombay 08-04-2010 05:38 PM

I'm working at a dual disc conversion on my 2010 FXDC and I guess I might as well revive this thread rather than start another. Could someone explain this offset and why this cannot be done on a mid glide? Dealer said the same thing (though second hand through a parts customer) that the second disc ends up offset outboard of center but this was on an FXD supposedly with a wire wheel. Have not go all the parts together just yet to see for myself.

It appears I will need:
Second brake rotor
FXDF RH caliper
FXDF RH slider
FXDF brake lines
FXDF Master Cylinder
2 Rebuild kits (pull apart LH one to paint)

as well as the following WG/FB parts
FXDF triple trees
FXDF front axle
FXDF wheel spacers
Misc fasteners and stuff not listed.

Any thoughts, comments or things overlooked appreciated

lo-rider 08-15-2010 03:19 PM

bump

Bump; subscribed.

Edit: Also see : https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...e-upgrade.html