Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Memphis Shades Lowers On A Fat Bob

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 07:34 AM
Fixintu
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Memphis Shades Lowers On A Fat Bob

I already had a 16" clear WindVest shield to get the direct wind blast off my head but was needing something more to redirect the air coming under it and flowing up my chest. I ordered the Memphis Shades clear lowers. I first tried them mounted the way they were designed to be mounted, did a test ride and then reversed sides and flipped them. That gave me the best results for overall wind blockage. I didn't really want to have a windshield on the bike to begin with but since I ride year round and have a 50 mile commute round trip I needed more coverage. My last bike was Kawasaki Concours 1400 so I was used to a full fairing and windshield. With the WindVest and Memphis Shades lowers I have great coverage with a minimalist setup. Going with the clear doesn't take away from the lines of the bike too much and I'm not getting hammered or blast frozen. Total cost of the lowers setup including tax and shipping worked out to $92.50

Memphis Shades Lowers Hardware # 530-588
Memphis Shades Clear Windshield Lowers # 750-272

The fourth picture shows the lowers mounted "traditionally" and the rest show them after I reversed them.

Attached Thumbnails Memphis Shades Lowers On A Fat Bob-msdfq.jpg   Memphis Shades Lowers On A Fat Bob-msds.jpg   Memphis Shades Lowers On A Fat Bob-msfr.jpg   Memphis Shades Lowers On A Fat Bob-msup.jpg   Memphis Shades Lowers On A Fat Bob-msupall.jpg  

Old 11-15-2010, 10:17 AM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Looks good. I like the minimalist approach. From a distance it hardly shows...