Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

loudest dyna exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 06:03 PM
IlDuce
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

i run drag pipes no baffles

Old 01-06-2009, 06:42 PM
nathanw
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And you're proud of this, why?

Originally Posted by LowriderTodd
My Rineharts have been known to set off a few car alarms. Woke up the neighbors at 6AM as I was leaving for work, they came running out yelling, as I took off down the street. They took off to their campsite for a month after that. Not bad pipes.

Old 01-06-2009, 07:26 PM
Goddahavit
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IlDuce

Ahhh a shovelhead with drags, one of my all time favorite sounds.....

Old 01-06-2009, 08:33 PM
dpriest
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by IlDuce
just stay off the LIE

Old 01-06-2009, 08:55 PM
Robert Le Gras
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, many of you like it LOUD!

I ran the stock exhaust for 2500 miles and liked the quiet for a while, but finally decided to try the Screamin' Eagle slip-ons.

They were louder than I thought they would be reading people talking about them. They're perfect for me: low rumble, nice sound at idle and round town, I can be heard by cars when I'm in their blind spot, etc. Not loud at all on the highway at speed. Very happy with them in all ways, including looks.

Old 01-06-2009, 09:28 PM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I saw a Heritage with V&H Big Shots (unstaggered) today, and it sounded like total crap. I don't know if it was the pipes or something else...maybe he'd baffled them, but they were real trebly and really not a whole lot louder than stock. Made me appreciate my Thunderheaders even more.

Old 01-06-2009, 09:55 PM
IlDuce
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dpriest
just stay off the LIE
they dont mess with me lol i ride the LIE almost every day doing 80

Old 01-06-2009, 11:14 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Gwjvw
This is how my buddy runs his 04 fatboy, just headers no baffle tip nada, seems to runs very well,also he can make fire come out lol, i wouldnt do it but he does!
Just saw a guy on a fatboy doing the same thing... I never ran my bike this way, i was installing my rush slipons and after taking the stock ones off, thought I'd crank it up to see what it would sound like. Did it in the garage too... my ears were ringing for a bit after that...LOL

Old 01-08-2009, 10:41 AM
Boneyard Blue
Tourer

Love my V&H Longshots but I'm considering adding baffles. I purchased used from a friend and he removed the baffles. Love the sound (deep & throaty) but maybe I'm getting a little old in that I'm trying not to **** off my neighbors nor leo's.
Just purchased a Stage 1 kit. Adding baffles (from what I've read) will give me a little more torque and may possibly give me a little piece of mind knowing I won't set off car alarms as my scoot does now. I basically idle through my quiet neighborhood in 2nd gear right into the garage.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:16 AM
SilentWarrior
Tourer

I like loud pipes. Short Shots or most drag pipes are made for sound.

As far as those saying our pipes are too loud and dont save lives. Prove it. I ve driven by people on their blind spot and give it a little rev and they turn and look before changing lanes. I road up to a stop light one day and saw a blind guy with a cane just began to step across and I gave my engine a rev and he stopped dead in his tracks. 1 Life saved. There was an article about a blind group asking that hybrid car makers increase the the noise of their cars because they are too quiet at intersections and blind people cant hear them comming. If you dont like loud pipes , kewl dont put them on, But dont come here telling us we are wrong for having them. If thats the case then take all the Semi Trucks off the road because they are just as loud. Sorry for getting on a rant but Iam getting a little tired of people crying about pipes and more stupid new laws.

The following users liked this post:
perfect7liberty (05-27-2017)

Quick Reply: loudest dyna exhaust