Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

loudest dyna exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 12:30 PM
Gwjvw
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SilentWarrior
I like loud pipes. Short Shots or most drag pipes are made for sound.

As far as those saying our pipes are too loud and dont save lives. Prove it. I ve driven by people on their blind spot and give it a little rev and they turn and look before changing lanes. I road up to a stop light one day and saw a blind guy with a cane just began to step across and I gave my engine a rev and he stopped dead in his tracks. 1 Life saved. There was an article about a blind group asking that hybrid car makers increase the the noise of their cars because they are too quiet at intersections and blind people cant hear them comming. If you dont like loud pipes , kewl dont put them on, But dont come here telling us we are wrong for having them. If thats the case then take all the Semi Trucks off the road because they are just as loud. Sorry for getting on a rant but Iam getting a little tired of people crying about pipes and more stupid new laws.
YA! What he said!

Old 01-08-2009, 09:43 PM
Robert Le Gras
Road Warrior

Amigo,

If you were referring to me, sorry if I gave the idea that I was ragging on loud pipes and the riders who love them.

I just keep reading about the sound of pipes here and realize that many of them must be very LOUD because the SE slip-ons are considered just a bit louder than stock, and I consider them significantly louder and loud enough. I was just expressing my realization at how loud some of these pipes must sound (I can't really get a sense out of the youtube videos.)

I totally believe in individual expression and all kinds of diversity. I've admired your scoot and posts since I came to this forum.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:55 AM
SilentWarrior
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Le Gras
Amigo,

If you were referring to me, sorry if I gave the idea that I was ragging on loud pipes and the riders who love them.

I just keep reading about the sound of pipes here and realize that many of them must be very LOUD because the SE slip-ons are considered just a bit louder than stock, and I consider them significantly louder and loud enough. I was just expressing my realization at how loud some of these pipes must sound (I can't really get a sense out of the youtube videos.)

I totally believe in individual expression and all kinds of diversity. I've admired your scoot and posts since I came to this forum.
It wasnt you. Your post was fine. Even if It wasnt, you have a right to post. I was having a bad day. In the last 2 months we have losts alot of Bikers around here in accidents. Almost 1 a week in December. I really think we need to do everything we can to be seen and heard.

Last edited by SilentWarrior; 01-09-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:46 PM
El Jinete Fantasma
Road Captain

Short of drag pipes, V&H slip-ons and Reinhart 2-1 pipes are about the loudest I've heard.

Old 01-09-2009, 01:31 PM
Robert Le Gras
Road Warrior

Silent Warrior, thanks for the post and note.

I agree, we all need to be safe, and being heard is a part of that, that's why I spent nearly 400 dollars on the slip-ons!

I actually think things are getting better and better for motorcyclists on the road as time goes by, but there's a long way to go!

Just came back from a nice ride. . . very windy here on the highway today but round town it's okay and quite warm.

Old 01-09-2009, 02:11 PM
pwalsh1019
Cruiser

I'm looking to buy a 2 into 1 Thunderheader....can anyone point me into the best place to buy them ....looking for the best deal.....

Old 01-09-2009, 03:16 PM
ncdan
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Silentwarrior, I love your position on the subject, its this attitude that has added millions to my retirement fund. Keep up the good work.

Old 01-09-2009, 04:07 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Le Gras

I agree, we all need to be safe, and being heard is a part of that, that's why I spent nearly 400 dollars on the slip-ons!
See, everybody lies.... You did not spend $400 on slipons to be safe!!!!

Old 01-09-2009, 04:37 PM
Boneyard Blue
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Amen SilentWarrior!

Originally Posted by SilentWarrior
It wasnt you. Your post was fine. Even if It wasnt, you have a right to post. I was having a bad day. In the last 2 months we have losts alot of Bikers around here in accidents. Almost 1 a week in December. I really think we need to do everything we can to be seen and heard.

Old 01-09-2009, 04:45 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

I just put D&D slipons on the new FXDC, now it sounds liek a Harley, pretty dam loud at idle but smooths out at speed. Dont care what anyone thinks, however, I will get out of my neighborhood and ride through other neighbor hoods at the quietest possible level out of normal courtesey.

Quick Reply: loudest dyna exhaust