Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any 5'7 riders with adjustable highway pegs?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 10:29 AM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Any 5'7 riders with adjustable highway pegs?

Hi folks,

Since I'm now going back and forth between my home and Las Vegas with more regularity on the bike (back roads, beautiful 260 mile ride), I've decided that I want some additional positions for my hoofs.

When I sit on a Dyna with forwards they are definitely way too much of a reach for my 5'7 stature and 31 inch inseam. Sometimes I hang my feet off the front of my shifter and pegs (I use the slightly forward mids found on the lowrider), but not super comfortable.

I was thinking of getting the DK Customs adjustable highway pegs, I've looked at a bunch of photos in what appears to be the closest reach and I think it may work since my legs would be higher (albeit more forward) than resting the back of my ankle on the pegs.

Anyone reading this have them or a version of them that are about my height, that may be able to fill me in or even better have a photo of them sitting on the bike?

Thanks as always!

Old 05-26-2017, 12:58 PM
k-weaver
Cruiser
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

I'm 5'9" with a 31" inseem. I use the stock harley highway pegs which are semi adjustable. And by that I mean they have two settings i can put them at.

Old 05-26-2017, 02:34 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by k-weaver
I'm 5'9" with a 31" inseem. I use the stock harley highway pegs which are semi adjustable. And by that I mean they have two settings i can put them at.
Thanks! Easy reach and comfortable? If you get a chance would you be able to post a pic of how they are positioned, maybe head on and from the side so that I can mock something up in the approximate position and see if I can handle it?

Old 05-26-2017, 03:30 PM
ajk511
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm your height and I have the stock Harley highway pegs. I put on a DK customs air cleaner and that made the pegs usable since my right leg doesn't have to bend around the cleaner anymore. I have been thinking about picking up the adjustable mounts from DK because while the stockers are definitely usable now, they aren't quite perfect.

Old 05-26-2017, 07:58 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by ajk511
I'm your height and I have the stock Harley highway pegs. I put on a DK customs air cleaner and that made the pegs usable since my right leg doesn't have to bend around the cleaner anymore. I have been thinking about picking up the adjustable mounts from DK because while the stockers are definitely usable now, they aren't quite perfect.
Thanks! Do you think the DK ones can be brought in closer than what you have now?

Old 05-26-2017, 08:07 PM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,353 Likes on 10,706 Posts

I am the same height but 29 inch inseam.

Reaching the highway pegs is certainly not going to happen. But I understand there is a mechanism (that I never checked out) that actually rings the highway pegs back for shorties like us.

The guys around here are pretty sharp so I suspect someone is going to link you to just what that product is.

BuzzCap7

Old 05-26-2017, 09:28 PM
TBT3
Cruiser
Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

About the same height with a 30" inseem. It was a big change going from the sporty with mids to the Dyna with forwards. So I put on the Harley reduced reach controls which brought them back an inch. Much better but my right leg has been cramping, probably because of the extra bit the AC pushes it out. I bought the DK heel rest bracket & arm to setup stirrups. I haven't installed them yet, still waiting on the pegs I bought separately to go with them. I really don't think I could reach standard highway pegs where they'd be any use, which is why I'm going to try the stirrups.
http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/Powd...DK-HRA-BLK.htm

Old 05-26-2017, 10:59 PM
JohnMn
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by TBT3
I bought the DK heel rest bracket & arm to setup stirrups.
That was my fix Stirrups, they're available from several manufacturers.
https://www.google.com/search?q=moto...fxObid8z70KUM:
I found the fatigue came from using the full leg muscles to keep my foot up on the peg, with heel stirrups you can actually rest your foot on the peg.
I got lucky and found a used set and saved $$ because I wasn't sure I'd like'm,,
They work great!.
They make butterfly type stirrups also,, kind of a switch blade type that folds in or out,
https://www.google.com/search?q=kury...utf-8&oe=utf-8

Last edited by JohnMn; 05-26-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Old 05-27-2017, 06:30 AM
kontiki
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,279 Likes on 1,155 Posts

The DK peg mounts are very adjustable but at the closest setting they are roughly parallel with the frame down tubes. I'm 5'8 and that close setting is just right for me. In fact I'd move them back a tad more if possible because it is more comfortable for my legs to be slight bent instead of straight out. I may try to rig up some sort of offset mount so I can get more adjustment out of them. You really want the best comfort you can get for long rides.

Here's a pic of them when I installed them a while back:

Last edited by kontiki; 05-27-2017 at 06:34 AM.
Old 05-27-2017, 06:44 AM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,353 Likes on 10,706 Posts

Originally Posted by kontiki
The DK peg mounts are very adjustable but at the closest setting they are roughly parallel with the frame down tubes. I'm 5'8 and that close setting is just right for me. In fact I'd move them back a tad more if possible because it is more comfortable for my legs to be slight bent instead of straight out. I may try to rig up some sort of offset mount so I can get more adjustment out of them. You really want the best comfort you can get for long rides.

Here's a pic of them when I installed them a while back:
ARRIVAL INVERSELY PROPEROTIONAL TO THE ANGLE............. <-- Now THAT is funi!

BuzzCap7

Quick Reply: Any 5'7 riders with adjustable highway pegs?