Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More Faring Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 03:57 PM
Pirate Boy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Priest
Pirate ... nice work!

(i) are your handlebars stock FXDB? or what rise are they?

(ii) how much protection from the elements does your fairing provide for your hands?

I've been commuting this week 1.5 - 2 hrs each way in temps as low as 42 degrees. This morning in a bit of a drizzle half the way there. Since changing out my front end, I have been riding without a windshield. I like it, now that I've gotten used to it some; but, the weather is getting worse, so won't be going without for much longer.

Last winter I rode in weather down to low 30's ... not in snow or ice, but anything just above that.

I ordered and will be taking delivery of a Tsukayu fairing on 10/31 ... can't wait. I like your bags and the trunk, too. I've been thinking of doing something similar.

I also have an engine guard on order and it'll be here on 10/28. I've been bidding on flea-bay for some lower fairings, but keep getting out bid!

R/
Priest
My bars are the stock streetbob bars ( 10" rise if im not mistaken), I had to roll them back a bit to clear everything. With the height of them i get no ( very little) wind protection IMO. Im sure the faring pushes some wind upward around my hands but not much. I was in potter county pa last weekend . Woke up to LOTS of frost on the bike ( 25 degrees when we left for the day) AND I FROZE LOL . My windshield is to short , it direct the wind right into my eye area and shakes my helmet a bit at 70 ish. I have a windshield being cut that is 3" taller. should help alot. Engine guard is one my wish list this winter with a set of leather lowers

Peace
Ride Safe

Old 10-24-2008, 04:06 PM
Pirate Boy
Tourer

Originally Posted by Failz
Holy poo evil duder, that's what I want to do with my bike but I can't find a fairing that will fit my bike and I can't brain a way to engineer it because I have the dumbz. Any suggestions?

Originally Posted by shimmon
Pirate... I really like your bike. Do they make the fairing specifically for our dynas or did you have to mod one to fit. If so, which did you get and how did you mod it? Harley detachable windshield brackets? I have been dreaming of doing this to my bob, any hints or tricks that you used to accomplish this mod??
They make a direct bolt on for the dynas with 41mm fork tubes ( someone correct me if im wrong on the size of the pre 07 fork tubes). corbin even make one to fit the 49mm tubes but i think its a bit on the expensive side . Swcycleaudio has a ad in the back of a few magazines that they make one to fit our bikes . Lots of pictures on there website but i got no response when i emailed them so ,,, i did it my way lol

I used the memphis shades quick detach brackets from my windshield and fabbed the rest, Its not real had just a bit time consuming. I used some cheap thin strapping from lowes with hole drilled every inch to get it mounted where i wanted it then used it as a template to make the final bracket

Peace
Ride Safe

Old 10-24-2008, 06:17 PM
oldbie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 2,688 Likes on 756 Posts

Originally Posted by Pirate Boy
Tour pack is from ebay ( aftermarket) and the mount for it is made by Jackyl from the forums here. the floor boards are made to fit where our pegs mount. You can get them off ebay , JPcycles or im sure one of our sponsers have them ( i didnt check SORRY)
Thanks!

Old 10-24-2008, 07:42 PM
jackyl
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by oldbie
Thanks!
here is the links for the kits. jackyl

TOUR PAK MOUNT: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=

Aftermarket Tourpak: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HD-Ha...mZ380074377685

Old 11-06-2008, 06:47 AM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member

bike really look's great.it show's what a person can do with a dyna.awsome just awsome.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:55 AM
Haulen Ass
Former Sponsor
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Bike looks cool man

Old 11-06-2008, 08:51 AM
grumpa
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pirate boy
Your doing a nice job making your bike look like a FL , now we need to do something with that skinny FXD front tire.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:27 AM
shimmon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pirate boy
swcycleaudio has a ad in the back of a few magazines that they make one to fit our bikes . Lots of pictures on there website but i got no response when i emailed them so ,,, i did it my way lol

wow... Checked out the swcycleaudio.com and their fairing are 1300-2600 bucks... The 1300 is for a blank fiberglass fairing, no holes drilled or anything... Thats CRAZY TALK!!!

Old 11-06-2008, 01:45 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

As you're probably aware I've got a fairing and had looked at several before settling on a Tsukayu ... paid $978 for a gloss black painted outer fairing with no radio. As you may be aware, I now have a FLST front end so the fairing is made to fit.

That is not the case for most fairings out there with the exception of Corbin, K-D VanillaZilla for Sportsters (should fit '05 and earlier Dyna) and SW Audio ... only three that I am aware of.

I had investigated several options, as follow:

- Dragonfly (http://www.dragonflycycleconcepts.com/fairings.htm)
- Dead Center (http://www.deadcentercycles.com/default.aspx)
- K-D (http://www.debrix.com/items/item.aspx?itemid=1280827)
- Kevin Evans (http://store.kevinevans.org/detachablefairing6x9.aspx)
- Hoppe Industries (http://www.hoppeindustries.com/)
- Wide Open (http://www.wideopencustom.com/dotnet...0/Default.aspx)

I used to have a narrow glide with a quick detach (QD) windshield. It occurs to me that one way to apply a fairing to a standard Dyna would take about three easy steps:

1. Obtain one of the fairings above (or one of about another half dozen or so sources) made for Road King and Softail models.

2. Bend the right and left mounting brackets in mirror images at two planes to narrow them to the proper width.

3. Remove the cam-lock clamps from the QD windshield and attach (bolt) the clamps to the mounting points of the fairing.

You would then be able to simply clamp the fairing to your bike using the QD windshield clamps.

A couple of caveats - for FXD, which have the riser mounted speedometer, you'd have to use a fairing with no inner shell (as I have done); the top-to-bottom distance between the clamps may not fall between your triple trees, so the lower clamp may clamp the fork tube below the triple tree. I do not see why that should be a problem.

Another observation - you'll need to move your turn signals from your handlebars so they can still be seen.

Thought I'd pass on some thoughts on the subject ....

R/
Priest

Old 04-13-2009, 12:48 PM
inthamix
Intermediate

So how much for the 89?