Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motion Alarm Disable?

Old 11-12-2008, 08:22 AM
dFREDb
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Motion Alarm Disable?

Is it possible to disable the warning siren on a factory security system without messing up the light flashers. That alarm drives me crazy when I work on the bike without the key fob close by. I have LoJack, so I'm not too worried about theft issues.

Old 11-12-2008, 10:38 AM
robzuc97
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Post H-dsss

Kind of annoying, ain't it? Had a hands-free V-Rod in class that kept chirping at me while doing diagnostics and occaisionally went off when wrong PIN was entered or you bumped it!Went on Hd-net to get the following information: Your four options are: 1) This will not disarm but a good FYI: to remove the battery from the bike, you turn the ignition switch on with FOB present to disarm, then turn the ignition off and, within 5 seconds, remove the maxi-fuse. There is a back-up battery in the siren that goes off if bike is moved with FOB out of range though. 2) Not a cure for servicing but if you don't want to deal with the FOB, put FOB in your saddle bags (if equipped) or zip-tied under the seat and the bike will think you are continuously there. However, the bike and your alarm password can be stolen doing this! Plus the bike will continuously arm and disarm (chirp) or flash t-signals if moved. 3) Place bike in transport mode: With FOB present, put run/stop switch to stop, put ignition switch in accesory mode, press both turn signals switches at same time, and then turn ignition switch to off. Turn signals should give you a confirmation blink. Bike has motion detection disabled for "one key cycle" but alarm will go off if key is turned on without FOB present. This one is your best option to work, wash, or trailer bike. 4) Enable/disable siren chirp: Turn ignition switch on/off three times (on-off-on-off-on-off) then on and leave on until security lamp goes out, then turn the key off. Security lamp will come back on, when the ignition goes off turn ignition back on. After this cycle has occurred three times, the chirp feature will either arm/disarm depending on the current status. The instruction was vague and I put it basically word-for-word so I don't know if you have to perform all steps three times or it cycles the security lamp three times on it's own to set. Give it a try! and the "maybe" 5) that the dealer can disarm the system using the digital technician. We weren't taught this and I know, if it could be done, the instructor would have done this on the V-Rod at school since it annoyed him too! Could ask the dealer though if it's possible to do. and the other "maybe" is 6) Have dealer change over to the manual system, button-type FOB security system. If this is available as an option since all the newer bikes are hands-free (as far as I know), it would mean a TSSM change-out, dealer password learn to ECM, and new FOB and system=cost to you. H-DSSS has it's pros & cons but it's great for anti-theft! #3 option sounds like the best option for tinkering around with the bike without costing you anything.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:00 AM
glide05
Road Warrior

sorry to go off on a tangent here - but does anyone know why HD went to an auto system?? Just doesn't make sense. My 05 has a manual system - press once to turn on - press twice to turn off. Why change this? It works perfectly and is only armed when I want it to be.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:46 AM
robzuc97
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm still trying to figure out why HD doesn't make a dirt bike using the "45" engine in aluminum! LOL Probably because someone sued HD when their bike got stolen when they didn't arm it. I heard of some suing when he set his cruise control on his RV and crashed when he went back to take a nap! The McD's hot coffee thing in the extreme...

Old 11-13-2008, 07:09 AM
dFREDb
Club Member

Thanks robzuc97 for your research and suggestions. I knew it wouldn't be as easy as bashing in the alarm siren Would it be possible to remove the battery from the siren or just disconnect it altogether? Maybe connect the siren wires to some useless but silent device?

Last edited by dFREDb; 11-13-2008 at 07:13 AM. Reason: content
Old 08-13-2009, 10:29 PM
ABICECIL
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am also having problems with my siren this morning. went out at 5am to get going on our breakfast run, turned the ignition key on and since then the siren does not want to stop. eventually out of frustration removed the battery from the bike. Any ideas??

Old 08-16-2009, 10:51 AM
Steve Zodiac
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I don't know about your bike but mine has a 'Transport Mode' which allows the bike to be moved around without sounding the alarm. The immobilizer still works. It explains how to use it in the handbook.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:55 PM
hog44mag
Intermediate

I have an 07 fxd and it has auto alarm I don't think it has a siren just flashing lights I didn,t get a manual can I put this in transport mode?

Old 02-08-2010, 09:12 PM
bqualls
Tourer
Default Motion Alarm Disable?

Here's what my manual says about Transport mode: It's possible to arm the security system without enabling the motion detector for one ignition cycle. The bike can be moved without triggering the alarm, but an attempt to start the engine will trigger the alarm.

To enter Transport mode:
1. Turn the Ignition switch to IGNITION.
2. Set the Engine Stop Switch to OFF.
3. With the assigned fob within range, turn the Ignition Switch from IGNITION to ACC.
4. Simultaneously press both the left and the right turn signal switches. This must be done within five seconds of turning the Ignition Switch to ACC.
5. After the turn signals flash once, turn the Ignition Switch to OFF and the module is armed.
6. Confirmation. Turn signal blinks three times when armed for one ignition cycle.

To exit Transport mode:
Return the system to normal operation.

With the fob present, turn the Ignition Switch to IGNITION to disarm the HFSM. To cancel the transport mode, set the Engine Stop Switch to RUN.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:51 PM
hog44mag
Intermediate

Thanks I'll try that before I go for a ride on the weekend my problem is on the ferries and the lights will flash and kill the battery

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Motion Alarm Disable?