Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Dyna Glide Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models-9/)
-   -   Withdrawals? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models/293351-withdrawals.html)

Double00Aught 11-12-2008 07:03 PM

Withdrawals?

The nasty, misty, chitty winter weather has started. I've lived her long enough to know this is here to stay for six months, with days of sunny but cold air in between. Already having withdrawals. Started the S-Glide up tonight just to let her warm up and smell the exhaust. I think it's about time to start the winter mods to get my mind off the rides....:(

Bluesssman 11-12-2008 07:06 PM

Sorry to hear about your weather. It was 55 degrees here today and riding was great!

Dawg Rider 11-12-2008 07:09 PM

I feel for you nothern riders- I couldn't do it.

Double00Aught 11-12-2008 07:13 PM

A beer fridge full of suds, toolbox full of tools, cable TV, and a pooltable in the grudge helps. It's my man cave. When I'm not wrenching the bike then I'm playing pool or darts, looking at the latest parts catalog, or checking out a movie. It gets you through it.

Double00Aught 11-12-2008 07:18 PM

I also found out my company serves the Florida Keys. Once the kids grow up and move out I might try and convince the wife I need to do a transfer. Might get on the waiting list now however....

jackyl 11-12-2008 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by MTBlood (Post 4107857)
. I think it's about time to start the winter mods to get my mind off the rides....:(

i agree with you on starting the winter mods but sometimes that is worse for the withdrawls, because when your done with the mods, then you want to try them out and it makes it even worse. my old lady hates winter months, says iam a totally different person when iam not being able to ride. want to know what, i think she might be right for the first time. DAMIT DAMIT DAMIT i need to move out of michigan and move back home (tenn.), thanks mtblood you got me going again #$@^$@^$^ winter. jackyl

bloomington g 11-12-2008 07:21 PM

Your in Southern Indiana. You can ride in the winter. It's not that bad here. Hell, in January and Febuary a day in the 40's feels pretty warm with thermal underwear.

SC-Longhair 11-12-2008 07:25 PM

Temps in the 40's standing still is more like low 30's when you're on a bike and moving at speed. I've done that and it's not fun. If the temps are in the 50's and clear skies, I make damn sure I'm back at home by the time the sun goes down. Nothing to hold the heat in and it just dissipates as quickly as it warmed up. I had that experience this past weekend when I ride to Charlotte, NC. A 2hr ride from where I am and by the time I got back home, I was frozen to the bone and had ample clothing on.

Double00Aught 11-12-2008 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by bloomington g (Post 4107940)
Your in Southern Indiana. You can ride in the winter. It's not that bad here. Hell, in January and Febuary a day in the 40's feels pretty warm with thermal underwear.

Yeah I will too as long as the roads are taken care of. I'm more south central, but it's not that much difference really. I need to invest in some good air tight winter clothing and quit crying :D

My whole withdrawal is from planning the ride around the weather. Had that urge to ride tonight and old man winter is teasing us.:eek:

Pop Pop 11-12-2008 07:32 PM

Invest in electric gear. Best investment I ever made! I've ridden in the 30's comfortably. Never thought that possible!