Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD International models and active exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 04:01 AM
warper
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HD International models and active exhaust

Hi guys,

I wonder if there is any owner of an HD I (International, non-US) dynas with the so-called "active exhaust" system that has tried the trick box provided by Zodiac.

Some of my friends here just block the active-exhaust system, but I don't think it's the best way to treat a servo actuated by an electronic device which is quite sensitive (the ECM)

My TTS is waiting for me at the post office and I don't think it'll take me too much time till I get a pair of new mufflers and a stage I air cleaner...

Attached is the picture of the thing: (sorry it's from Zodiac's catalog in spanish)

For info:
- The trick box is a device that allows you to set the active exhaust system to three different settings: permanently disabled, permanently enabled and normal operation

- The "active exhaust" is a system delivered into HD Internation Models designed to make the bikes pass the sound requirements here in Europe. Basically it routes the exhausts to the quite muffler until a certain RPM range and once we pass this RPM range it opens a valve so the exhaust gases runs through both mufflers (yes, we have a quite muffler and a not-so-quite muffler in stock euro harleys) And no, it's not good for performance so whenever one gets new mufflers and a proper air cleaner, it just sucks.

Thanks guys!

Attached Thumbnails HD International models and active exhaust-trickbox.jpg  
Old 01-28-2009, 04:04 PM
royston
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
Wink message

Hey,
I guess it depends what you want to do ....eg; if you plan on sticking a some V&H pipes on for instance and changing the breather to something more free flowing then you might order yourself a fuelpak from V&H , easy fit< which is supplied with the adaptors that then allows you to remove the noise control valve. This route also allows you to retain the closed loop EFI system that HD intended.
The Zodiac parts are IMO for when you want to go for open lood stick a pc3 in and exhaust that for instance may utilise an open loop system doing away with the exhaust return valves also......
There is stack of info in here if you fancy spending some time reading but as they say...anythings possible, you just gotta decide what you want...
Cheers

Old 01-28-2009, 06:20 PM
fatboyoz
Advanced

Originally Posted by warper
Hi guys,

I wonder if there is any owner of an HD I (International, non-US) dynas with the so-called "active exhaust" system that has tried the trick box provided by Zodiac.

Some of my friends here just block the active-exhaust system, but I don't think it's the best way to treat a servo actuated by an electronic device which is quite sensitive (the ECM)

My TTS is waiting for me at the post office and I don't think it'll take me too much time till I get a pair of new mufflers and a stage I air cleaner...

Attached is the picture of the thing: (sorry it's from Zodiac's catalog in spanish)

For info:
- The trick box is a device that allows you to set the active exhaust system to three different settings: permanently disabled, permanently enabled and normal operation

- The "active exhaust" is a system delivered into HD Internation Models designed to make the bikes pass the sound requirements here in Europe. Basically it routes the exhausts to the quite muffler until a certain RPM range and once we pass this RPM range it opens a valve so the exhaust gases runs through both mufflers (yes, we have a quite muffler and a not-so-quite muffler in stock euro harleys) And no, it's not good for performance so whenever one gets new mufflers and a proper air cleaner, it just sucks.

Thanks guys!
My Harley dealer disabled the valve in the open position at the first service. They do this via the computer.
Colin.

Old 01-29-2009, 01:58 AM
warper
Advanced

Thanks for the info guys, I read around some boards that it's possible to do it as well with the TTS MasterTune, as I'm waiting for it to be at home today/tomorrow I'll let ya know if I find the option there.

Royston: I'm going with the TTS Mastertune, not with the V&F fuelpak, as in the long term I expect to perform some engine upgrades.

See you around guys