Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't want a Bag But need some thing?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 12:06 PM
fixxr
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't want a Bag But need some thing?

I like a clean look on a bike but I need a place to put some stuff when i ride.I don't want any bags hangin off the bike and a stash tube is useless! Where is the best place to hide stuff?

Old 02-12-2009, 12:13 PM
mrperez
Road Captain

uhm Detachable sissy bar and Tbag?

Old 02-12-2009, 12:15 PM
hillbilly deluxe
Cruiser

rucksack ?

Old 02-12-2009, 12:21 PM
dlstanf2
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What type of stuff?? Use your electrical access cover to tape a container for your $$, or your ID, or registration. Other than that, a jacket with many pockets to keep that clean look.

There's a small sissy bar pack that will hold things like smokes, glasses, gloves, etc. There's also buddy packs you can use with a fender mount bracket, noticed you have the solo seat.

You've got a clean ride, but don't get all OCD about using something for your storage needs. You might be able to machine something to fit the lower triple tree, underneath the headlight mount for some items. Then have it chromed to match your other stuff. You do have the "Chrome-a-lot" disease. Might want to get that checked out.

This is where you can be creative. Use cardboard & paper to mach up a design you like. Then have it made. Most good ideas start in someone's mind.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:21 PM
bakerm75
Road Captain

Milk crate + bungie cords + fender rack = old school yamahopper look.

Thats what you want to do.... if you don't want bags.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:33 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I feel the same way. I have a detachable sissy bar with luggage rack and a roll bag I use for more or larger items and I even have a backpack sissy bar bag for trips. But for carrying smaller things like a few tools, my keys, cell phone, do-rag, gloves, or ball cap, I got a fork/handlebar bag and keep it mounted to my bars all the time. Still pretty clean looking and, for a small bag, I can get a suprising amount of stuff in it.

Here's a pic that shows it:

Old 02-12-2009, 12:36 PM
wbeem
Tourer

If you don't want bags hanging off the bike, get some bungee cords and strap whatever to the rear saddle.

That clean look is nice and if you just want to go profiling, then you're all set. However, sometimes you just gotta have a place to put your ****. I'm getting a roll bag to go over the headlights on my Fat Bob so I can stuff my glasses and a book, since sometimes I like something to read over a meal. Get the right piece and it may add to the appearance of your bike, rather than subtract.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:43 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

you can get a fender protector and just use a bungee net over your items. IMHO you should get a bikersfriend bag in the size you need. Can attach to bike without sissybar and has backrest pads for xtra comfort.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:43 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Depends on how much stuff. Its hard to keep the clean look and haul much.

I have a fork bag mounted down low for small things I always take.

Then I have a small T-Bag I mount to my drivers backrest for when I need a little more space. It comes off quickly for when I dont need it.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:48 PM
dyna rider
Club Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Stuff

You can get the same roll bag as 2007fxdc has and mount it many different places according to your tastes. Above the headlight, below the headlight, on the down tubes above your little fairing, just below the tank on the down tubes,on the left side rear swing arm, on the right side rear swing arm, behind your seat on the fender, in front of your tail light...Pic one

Quick Reply: Don't want a Bag But need some thing?