Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stage one Now bike Shakes a LOT!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 06:13 PM
BIGDADI
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Stage one Now bike Shakes a LOT!

I just finished my stage one and got to ride it for the first time today, wow the performance increase is insane
I noticed it smells like burning hair do the big rads have packing?? Also the bike shakes a lot more violently specially on decel, do the pipes make that much of a vibration diff?? I expected some but wow??? Thanks guys I will post a link to some pics in a min on my way out to the garage to drool some more..

Also still have some SE slip ons and XIEDS and stock headers for sale if anyone is interested.

Old 03-09-2009, 06:37 PM
BIGDADI
Tourer
Old 03-09-2009, 06:45 PM
Pepsimayn
Tourer

What did you do for fueling? Could be running too lean and getting some detonation....

Old 03-09-2009, 06:50 PM
BIGDADI
Tourer

vance and hines fuel pak, its not running bad it is running great, beyond great it just shakes/vibrates a lot but from all the posts i have been reading this is normal i guess, but keep the replys comming i am intersted.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:08 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter

Received 4,306 Likes on 2,356 Posts

I just looked on my 05 at the headers mounting system and does your new exhaust utilize the old support brackets for the exhaust. If not that could also contribute you extra shake.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:15 PM
ratt196635
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mine shook more after i installed my breather and pipes but i used the pcIII on mine

Old 03-09-2009, 07:15 PM
rdondes
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There should not be any shaking/vibration over and beyond what you had before doing the Stage 1. Make sure the pipes are secured firmly to the muffler brackets. Also, when you say "more vibration," how much more? 90% more? 50% more? 20% more? Regarding vibration on deceleration, are you getting harmonic vibration from exhaust leaks? If you did a full exhaust, are the pipes properly torqued at the heads? If you kept your original head-pipes, are your slipon mufflers secured properly?

Old 03-09-2009, 07:19 PM
0ut1aw
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bet its running lean

After I did gears and big bore I had the carb richened up and she runs way smooth now....

Old 03-09-2009, 08:16 PM
BIGDADI
Tourer

Originally Posted by seniorsuperglideE8
I just looked on my 05 at the headers mounting system and does your new exhaust utilize the old support brackets for the exhaust. If not that could also contribute you extra shake.
The stock system uses a bracket under the mid control and one attached to the tranny, the new system only uses one bracket that replaced the one on the tranny, I am 100% sure everything is torqued tight I have a problem with over tightening and i used Lock Tight on every bolt. The engine appears to be performing exceptionally well there is no abnormal sounds no popping on decel or accel the bike just shakes alot mostly in the bars specialy at a stop and on decel after a rev, Honostly I think I am just being dumb my OCD gets to me sometimes I am thinking of just going to the local mech soon as it gets nice around here and have him listen and look.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:27 PM
EDZ82FXR
Road Captain

I have pretty much the same setup on my 07..My Heavy Breather is coming in tomorrow sometime and my PCV will be coming in shortly after..After I put the pipes on I didnt notice any more of a shake or anything like that..From what I hear all the dyna's shake from idle all the way up to maybe 1500rpms Give or Take a few especially in the handlebars, after that the vibration should go away..it doesnt shake bad while ur actually riding does it? Just on decel and being stopped? If not its probably natural, but I would also check ur plugs to see if it is too lean even if its running great never can be too careful right?

Quick Reply: Stage one Now bike Shakes a LOT!