Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any complaints about the Fatbob?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 08:26 AM
CardiacThug
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any complaints about the Fatbob?

I'll be purchasing a fatbob next spring and am looking for any gripes about this bike. Its hard to get any complaints from the HD dealership but I would be interested if any of the owners out there have any dislikes about this "apparently" perfect bike. Does it seem tiny..any paint falling off..wife hates to ride on it? Help a brother out or possibly donate $$$ if you wish to do so.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:30 AM
luckyB
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It's a great bike... I haven't had any problems so far.

My only gripes are that it didn't come stock with a tach and the LED tri-bar tail light. Pretty easy to add those... just more $$$.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:35 AM
ct555
Cruiser

Less of a gripe, more observation. IMO the forwards could be just slightly further out. I've heard this both way (to far, not far enough) but i'm about 6ft and just find it would be nice to stretch out a bit more.

Sweet bike so far.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:38 AM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member
Received 452 Likes on 283 Posts

No complaints with mine at all.
If you want the wife to ride with you though, you might need to look into a different seat.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:53 AM
chrisg
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My biggest complaint is that everytime I get on the damn thing I don't want to get off. I burn up just about everyweekend riding the darn thing. I can't get anything else done.

Damn you Fatbob!!!!

Old 03-20-2009, 09:15 AM
Fupl18
Road Warrior

Love mine.. Dont have any complaints about it so far.. Wife wanted to ride it but I figured "do you take sand to the beach"...

Old 03-20-2009, 09:37 AM
SilentWarrior
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I must agree with another comment here. Love the bike ,but wish the forward controls could be a little more forward. Tach would of been nice but ok without it.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:38 AM
maniac cop 5
Advanced

2 complaints.

1. I bought mine 4 days before the dealer started offering a $1000 gift card and free extended warranty on all new bikes.
2. I bought mine a month before Harley offered the MSRP Sportster trade in program.

Other than that, no complaints. Great bike!

Old 03-20-2009, 09:41 AM
MYKSHD
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 on the stock seat. It is a good looking seat but if the wife is going with look at a sundowner you will notice the nicer seat too. I am 6-3 and the forwards are good for me if you want to stretch farther you may want to look at highway pegs, the forwards on the fatbob are ideal for me not the tucked up feel of mids but still good control. This is a nice handling bike with less rake than most. If you are looking for that hd sound just leave the stock slip-ons at the deakership and put on some aftermarkets- endless ones to pick from.I would have liked a tach but then in life as soon as you get what you like you notice something else. Do the mods slow, like making love its better. Ride safe Mike.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:26 AM
Lorance66
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mine is getting the clunk in the front end but I guess that goes for any Dyna. I can't stand that ugly license plate holder but again, no matter what you get you get that. Besides that my biggest complaint is I can't stay off of it. Get one and have fun.

Quick Reply: Any complaints about the Fatbob?