Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drag Specialties "Spoon Style" Seat

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 12:00 PM
DeathProof72
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AdrianVall
I think it looks pretty cool.... BUT, it looks as if it offers no back support. You hit the throttle and your sent sliding back. Not a good feeling. My last seat had that same exact feeling. Every time on hard acceleration, I'd go sliding back. It SUCKED. But hey, if you like it, thats all that matters man. Just go for it!
Yeah, I've been looking for a seat like this for a while and found it quite by accident online. I was thinking the same thing about support, If the seat pan has a dip in it beneath the foam, perhaps it will nestle me in better, but will have to call DS to get that info. May have to sacrifice function for form, but I have 2 other seats to swap out for ling trips if I need to...

Old 04-01-2009, 12:20 PM
DeathProof72
Road Master

Originally Posted by rounder
Important part of comfort for any saddle is that the pan is flat and does not cause hotspots. Personally I would get the lepera cobra over that seat. They have great seat pans. Also the lepera probably has a gel option for additional comfort.
Exactly what I was thinking. I know that LePera makes a good product, but the K.C. has little padding and I am not sure how it will blend with the lines on my bike since their website pic doesn't really help very much and I have never seen any bikes with the KC on it, plus, looks like the shape is similar and with the non ribbed surface, may cause more slipping back than the DS.

Old 04-01-2009, 12:21 PM
DeathProof72
Road Master

Originally Posted by Atomic Injector
I think that seat is damn cool. It's got a old school look to it.
That's what I dig about it myself..

Old 04-01-2009, 12:45 PM
DeathProof72
Road Master

Besides, anything is better than the stock seat. Feels more like I am sitting on the edge of the back right on the base of my spine. At least this seat has some padding, just may not be very ergonomic.

Old 04-01-2009, 12:51 PM
Smiley51
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Be cool if it came in red metalflake then ya could get matching grips. See problem solved

Old 04-01-2009, 01:29 PM
DeathProof72
Road Master
Arrow

Originally Posted by Smiley51
Be cool if it came in red metalflake then ya could get matching grips. See problem solved
Only if it was in green metalflake ;-)

Old 04-01-2009, 02:50 PM
Slipstrm
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have that seat and its great and very comfy for about a hundred miles, then it seems hard.
I keep it on my ride most of the time.
Very well made.
Pics in my gallery.

Old 04-01-2009, 02:53 PM
Dutch110
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I look at that seat and it reminds me of an old Schwinn Stingray. Maybe tassles on the end of your bars and a playing card in the spokes of your wheels would draw the whole look together.

Sorry man, to each his own. And if you like it, then that is all that matters.

Old 04-01-2009, 05:56 PM
DeathProof72
Road Master

Originally Posted by Dutch110
I look at that seat and it reminds me of an old Schwinn Stingray. Maybe tassles on the end of your bars and a playing card in the spokes of your wheels would draw the whole look together.

Sorry man, to each his own. And if you like it, then that is all that matters.
Hey, my first bike WAS a Stingray, LOL.. Hmm, and I just bought 18" leather tassels for my Bob...... Dude, you're gonna love my bike, ha ha

Old 04-01-2009, 07:12 PM
DeathProof72
Road Master

Originally Posted by Slipstrm
I have that seat and its great and very comfy for about a hundred miles, then it seems hard.
I keep it on my ride most of the time.
Very well made.
Pics in my gallery.
Thanks for the post. Just checked out your pics and the seat looks exactly how I hoped it would. Looks killer with the tall sissy bar and your front end mods. I was curious to know, is the bottom of the seat lined with soft padding to protect the rear fender (like Lepera seats) or bare plastic and leather (like stock HD seats)? Just curious...

Quick Reply: Drag Specialties "Spoon Style" Seat