Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fat bob rear shocks ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 04:40 PM
outback2970
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question fat bob rear shocks ?

Anyone know if fatbob rear shocks will fit 03 wide glide? I think they are 12" which is what I'm looking for, just don't know about bolt sizes etc. If anyone has a set for sale please pm me Someday I'll get the progressive full cover shocks, but not in the budget this year. Thanks.

Old 05-12-2009, 06:59 PM
drhooligan
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check the HD accesories catalogue. The Fat Bob shocks are listed there and they will show the years that the shocks fit. The HD price is ridiculous at $399.00.

Got mine on Ebay for $126.00 delivered in perfect condition. These shocks lower a WG slightly and look outstanding.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:17 PM
outback2970
Cruiser

I'll give you $127 How bout a pic of your WG. Love to see how good it does look.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:53 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 440 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by outback2970
>>>>just don't know about bolt sizes etc.

>>>> Someday I'll get the progressive full cover shocks, but not in the budget this year. Thanks.
<<<< The bolt size on all new Dynas are 1/2"
>>>> I am trying not insult anyone as I have turned over a new leaf. Comments about Progressive shocks, and wanting them make me want to revert and tell you real facts. There are so many posts by so many members trying to steer you straight on this subject. People who know better. While you are getting your hard earned cash together spend the time and expand your knowledge base by reading our members posts. These guys have been there and done that. They invest their time and energy trying to make other members motorcycling experience more enjoyable. Read and enrich yourself, it is all here for the taking.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:20 PM
benwiggin2
Road Master

Originally Posted by FastHarley
<<<< The bolt size on all new Dynas are 1/2"
>>>> I am trying not insult anyone as I have turned over a new leaf. Comments about Progressive shocks, and wanting them make me want to revert and tell you real facts. There are so many posts by so many members trying to steer you straight on this subject. People who know better. While you are getting your hard earned cash together spend the time and expand your knowledge base by reading our members posts. These guys have been there and done that. They invest their time and energy trying to make other members motorcycling experience more enjoyable. Read and enrich yourself, it is all here for the taking.
Progressive's suck? There, I said it for you Howard. I know you didn't ask me to, but I know more than 1 person who have had Progressive's, and ended up with Works- or better.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:26 PM
LOUDAZZFATBOB
Cruiser

Originally Posted by benwiggin2
Progressive's suck? There, I said it for you Howard. I know you didn't ask me to, but I know more than 1 person who have had Progressive's, and ended up with Works- or better.
Whew........glad it's out in the open now. My biggest regret on my Fatbob is selling the stock shocks on Ebay BEFORE buying Progressive 412's. Bike rides like a rigid even on the lightest setting. I've never driven a concrete truck but.............guessing it drives much like my Fatbob rides!!! Bring on the overtime and new shocks.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:31 PM
benwiggin2
Road Master

Originally Posted by LOUDAZZFATBOB
Whew........glad it's out in the open now. My biggest regret on my Fatbob is selling the stock shocks on Ebay BEFORE buying Progressive 412's. Bike rides like a rigid even on the lightest setting. I've never driven a concrete truck but.............guessing it drives much like my Fatbob rides!!! Bring on the overtime and new shocks.
I think it only fair to point out that they are an affordable product when replacing worn out shocks, or if you want to lower your ride. Great for those who don't ride aggressively. I've never owned a set, but I would replace stock with Works, or ???

Old 05-12-2009, 09:13 PM
outback2970
Cruiser

Thanks guys...Have heard of a few troubles in the past. Really love the chrome cover look, so maybe the fat bob stockers will work well for me if I can find a set.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:30 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I am pretty sure they will bolt on to your bike. I like them, they give a nice compliant ride. Can they be better? Of course they can. I sold works shocks when we had the Arctic Cat dealership and when I decide to drop the cash that's where I'll do it. They taylor them to you and the results exceed your expectations.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:20 AM
El Jinete Fantasma
Road Captain

Hmm... I had Progressive 812s(?) on my Nightster and thought they were great. They're covered like the Fat Bobs, but I don't think they look as nice.