Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Comfortable Fat bob seat???

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 10:13 PM
frankjake
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess I'm kind of spoiled with the stock Fat Bob seat. I don't think it's all that bad, but then I've been riding a v-rod the past couple years with a stock seat. The Fat Bob is like a lazy boy compared to the v-rod seat.

But for the v-rod I bought a gel seat and it made all the difference in the world. Even rode to Sturgis with it and it was pretty good.

I'm going to try the gel pad on the Fat Bob and see how it goes. I just don't want to be "up" in the air any more, but I think that would happen with just about any seat with more padding. It wasn't noticible on the v-rod so maybe it will work out well on the Fat Bob.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:22 PM
jake.h
Tourer

Here is the seat I use:

Cushy Seat

Last edited by jake.h; 05-20-2009 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Damn URL
Old 05-21-2009, 12:18 AM
kudzu35
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have to agree with the stock being pretty comfortable. The passengers I've had haven't complained too much about the passenger portion but we've never ridden long stints on it so I don't want to say too much about that.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:19 AM
Robert Le Gras
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by jmerr01
I have to agree with the stock being pretty comfortable. The passengers I've had haven't complained too much about the passenger portion but we've never ridden long stints on it so I don't want to say too much about that.
I think the stock seat is fine for solo riding. Any length of time on the back. . . it's not comfortable, it's not made for that, it's made for short trips, quite short.

I've got a wonderful life companion and riding companion and did a lot of online research and also sat on some seats all around the place. I decided on the Corbin Dual Tour. It turns out I made a lucky if educated guess. It's EXPENSIVE, but I love the rider portion even more than stock, and my gal loves the passenger portion. It's leather, it's very well made, it's not too soft and cushy (which for me and apparently my gal is appropriate for comfort) and I have learned to really like the way it looks on the bike.

If I were just riding solo, I'd probably get a Corbin Hollywood Solo for the bike. Nice st looking seat for me, looks great on the bike. If you're just riding solo, you also may want to look at Corbin.

The Dual Tour on my Fat Bob:

Old 06-30-2009, 01:22 PM
chitownfatty
Stage IV
Default Aftermarket exhaust for '09 fatty fxdf???

Looking for aftermarket exhaust options for my fatty. Looking at the V&h big radius 2 into 2. Or the Big shots staggerd. Any input on these or any options greatly appreciated.

Old 06-30-2009, 03:33 PM
lonestarv
Novice

I use a HD Sundowner for trips, road 6 hrs. to the mountians last weekend and was fine. When my wife is lazy and doesn't want to ride her own bike, she always wants the sundowner seat put on. Hope this helps

Old 06-30-2009, 03:46 PM
bklanecky
Cruiser

I've got the 16.5 Wide Vintage Solo with Driver Backrest and passenger pillion, and I love it. The backrest looks kinda goofy, but once you ride with it you're never going to take it off again. I couldn't handle more than about 70 miles on the stock seat; I could go forever on the Mustang. Kinda pricey though ($400 for the driver seat, another $ 150 for the passenger pillion)...

Old 06-30-2009, 05:47 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Hickster I've only tried 2 seats on mine 1 StreetBob solo and the stock FB seat,and I like the FB seat better,for some reason my legs get tired of holding on with the solo seat after about 1.5 hrs.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:35 AM
squeeech
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

g'day fellas,
Poisond..... the pillow seat is a winner and can I ask if you got the mounting bracket with it or did ya have to buy the fxdf chrome one ( same as original ), to make it fit?

Graham ( Australia )

Old 09-15-2009, 09:23 AM
Lorance66
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just my opinion but I have three seats for mine. I have the stock one, a Street Bob solo (stock), and just got a Sundowner. Momma LOVES the Sundowner but I have to say I am not that impressed, at least for my part of the seat. The stock seat is as good IMO.

I think I am going to try a Mustang Vintage Solo. It looks cushy and roomy and not too bad on the eyes.

Quick Reply: Comfortable Fat bob seat???