Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Dyna Glide Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models-9/)
-   -   Pirelli Night Dragon (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models/358359-pirelli-night-dragon.html)

bberck 06-17-2009 08:36 PM

Pirelli Night Dragon

I need to pick a new tire to order tomorrow. I am thinking of trying the Pirelli Night Dragon. I have done a ton of reading and it looks like its also designed to fit a 4.5 inch rim.

I can find threads were several people say they were going to try them but none were anyone actually did.

Anyone

jefx 06-17-2009 08:43 PM

I am also interested in this tire but I haven't been able to find much (if any) user feedback.

bberck 06-17-2009 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by jefx (Post 5151748)
I am also interested in this tire but I haven't been able to find much (if any) user feedback.

I found lots of reviews which were all good as far as handling went but none from people mounting the 180 on a Dyna.

NoLongerAmember 06-17-2009 08:59 PM

I finally scrubbed off the rest of my rubber and I am going to try and get my Night Dragon mounted up tomorrow, I'll post about the fit as soon as I get it on, I hope it fits! I should take the wheels off now, but I am on the :icon_couch:
CB

SC-Longhair 06-18-2009 08:22 AM

BBerck, you probably have to be a guinea pig and just do it. I'm sure lots of people would be interested to know the outcome. It's nice t have an alternative to the SE GT502. I have also emailed Pirelli and they say it was designed to fit a 4.5" rim. Pirelli is a well-known company that has been around for a long time. I doubt they'd put their name on something that is sub-standard. At least I hope they wouldn't.

Low_Wider 06-18-2009 10:07 AM

Dragon Tire

BBerk,
Yup, you're gonna have to be the guinea pig. Unfortunately I saw your post about the Pirelli tire about a week after I ordered a new SE180 thinking there was no other option.

So keep us posted, we'll be watching :icon_munching:

bberck 06-18-2009 10:54 AM

Still debating right now but leaning towards just getting the SE for now and this winter giving the Night Dragon a try if the reviews stay good. I plan to do wheels before next spring so will replace both tires at that time.

bberck 06-18-2009 03:34 PM

Well I will let some one else be the Guinea Pig I ordered the SE 180.

My buddies Duece looks good with the SE 180 on it and was only $45 more than the Night Dragon. I know I wont have issues with it, so it was worth the extra $.

I hope the Night Dragon turns out to be a good alternative. I figure this one will only last through the rest of this year anyway. Then it will be time for a front as well and can go with the Night Dragons front and rear if they turn out to fit good.

NoLongerAmember 06-19-2009 12:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Installed the Night Dragon rear and it fits with no problems. I also used the wide tire brackets and SS button head bolts, they actually route the wires much better. I replaced the front with a Night Dragon too. I have not ridden on them yet, I'll post when I get some miles on them.
CB

Slipstrm 06-19-2009 06:05 AM

That looks great, I'll be needing a new tire pretty soon, I think I may go Pirelli.
I'd like to see the SE 180 beside the Pirelli just for reference.