Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Alarm Removal

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 04:32 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I thought to hell with the code too and it almost stranded me. The other night I got off work and went out to start my bike but all it would do is flash the turn signals and not start. The damn battery in the fob was going dead and I never took the time to learn how to do the code with the turn signals to over ride the alarm.
I kept waving the fob around and finally got lucky and it started. I went home and promptly read the section in the owners manual about how to program the code and how to start it with the code. I then practiced it and if it ever happens again I'll know what to do to get it started. I suggest everyone with the fob learn how to do it before you get stranded like my dumb *** almost did.

Oh yea I ended up swapping a battery out of an ICE inmate computer at work that was busted. Same exact battery and the fob is now working like it's supposed to with the bike.

Old 08-17-2009, 06:22 AM
CouchMaster
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well...the bike is used - didn't come with an owners manual.
So, the options are:
1. Buy an owners manual and/or
2. Take it to the dealer
Here's what I have so far - I've toggled the on/off switch and the blinkers, as per instructions found here, in such a manner to see the numbers 12345 on the ODO; and the 1 is blinking
Is this the factory set pin number in the bike at the moment or the security code?
What's the difference between the PIN and the security code?
Are there no published instructions on how to operate this thing without going to the dealer?
I bought the bike in Dallas (500+ miles away) online and it was delivered to me - I've never been to the dealership.
The nearest Harley dealership is in El Paso and it is 250 miles away.

The battery in the FOB is the same as that found on computer mother boards (CR2023) and I have a lot of those laying around so at least I've got spare batts.

Last edited by CouchMaster; 08-17-2009 at 06:45 AM. Reason: added info
Old 08-17-2009, 06:43 AM
redrubicon2004
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I believe the older bikes dont require a dealer to program anything. My 03 was a simple plug and play. I'm kinda thinking the 05 might be as well.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:32 AM
rcaddell
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cmiller1014
But do you understand it? I looked at that section and thought "Well, to hell with a code"
It,s not too bad. Took me about 5 minutes to switch the code from what the dealer had in there and verify it works. I have two Fords with keyless entry and now have every vehicle programmed with the same code so it's easy to remember.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:44 AM
DGDyna
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't read the instructions either but isn't there a way to disable the security system and not worry about removing it? I have an '09 SG.

Some times I want to move my bike and I don't have the fob with me. Then i worry about how much can I move the bike without it shutting everything off.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:25 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member

Originally Posted by CouchMaster
Well...the bike is used - didn't come with an owners manual.
So, the options are:
1. Buy an owners manual and/or
2. Take it to the dealer
Here's what I have so far - I've toggled the on/off switch and the blinkers, as per instructions found here, in such a manner to see the numbers 12345 on the ODO; and the 1 is blinking
Is this the factory set pin number in the bike at the moment or the security code?
What's the difference between the PIN and the security code?
Are there no published instructions on how to operate this thing without going to the dealer?
I bought the bike in Dallas (500+ miles away) online and it was delivered to me - I've never been to the dealership.
The nearest Harley dealership is in El Paso and it is 250 miles away.

The battery in the FOB is the same as that found on computer mother boards (CR2023) and I have a lot of those laying around so at least I've got spare batts.
Ok you have done good and found your security code or PIN (same thing) which happens to be the same as mine was 12345 (probably the default). The number 1 was blinking because it was waiting for you to change it by pressing the left turn signal button it would increase the number (press it 2 times and now the number would change to 3) then you hit the right turn signal button to enter that number and go to the next one in line. You just keep doing that till you get to the last number then hit the right turn signal to enter it.
Now to disarm the alarm without the fob present or a dead fob battery just turn the bike key on with the run switch off and immediately hit both turn signal buttons and hold them until the security light on the speedometer flashes quickly and it lets you input numbers in. Ok now if you left your code 12345 then press the left turn signal button the same times as the number then hit the right turn signal to enter it (press left turn button 1 time then hit the right turn button, now hit the left turn button 2 times then hit the right turn button... and so on)

More info here plus a copy of the little card in the manual http://www.hdtalking.com/alarms_and_...both_fobs.html

Old 08-17-2009, 09:27 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member

Originally Posted by DGDyna
I haven't read the instructions either but isn't there a way to disable the security system and not worry about removing it? I have an '09 SG.

Some times I want to move my bike and I don't have the fob with me. Then i worry about how much can I move the bike without it shutting everything off.
Yes do what I said in the last post but you do have to have the key with you, just not the fob.

Old 08-17-2009, 05:31 PM
CouchMaster
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank all of you guys for the help!
This is just the info I needed to get a good night's sleep...

Old 09-08-2009, 08:36 AM
DGDyna
Tourer
Default Still no answer

It's interesting that I did a search on "disable security" and I end up back here!

Any ways, I have the Electronic Service manual and read everything in it about disabling the factory installed security system.

You can set the system so that you can:
- start the bike without the fob (but when you turn the bike off it rearms)
- put it in transport mode and move the bike (but not start it)
- put it in service mode and you can never get the fob near the bike or it will rearm

I may have missed something but I could not find a way to completely disable the system. The only thing I can think of is having the dealer "disassociate" the fob from my bikes security system.

Has anyone been able to disable the factory installed security system?

Old 10-15-2010, 09:07 PM
bigred08046
Intermediate

having same problem but my bike didnt come with O/M how can i get a copy of those few pages

Quick Reply: HD Alarm Removal