Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Dyna Glide Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models-9/)
-   -   2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods.... (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models/377698-2010-wide-glide-owners-lets-keep-track-of-our-mods.html)

cmiller1014 08-06-2009 10:58 PM

2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....

I see there are a few of us with the new Wide Glides and I thought it would be cool to have a thread to keep track of what we are doing to our new bikes.

So to start out, what mods do you have in mind? I am wanting a louder exhaust for starters. I just wanna be heard by these zombies at the intersections. With the stock pipes they don't even look up. :( I like being able to hear the bike at high speeds too... helps me out a lot.

The second thing I am going for is a better seat that is more comfortable, possible back rest, and a better setup for my wife on the back. I have looked at so many things that my head is still spinning. I am waiting to see what everyone else is doing so I can get an idea of what I want.

I have plenty of other "wants" but I am pretty happy with the bike the way it is for now. I want to get past the break in and then explore some other options.

So what are you planning to do?

PigInaBlanket 08-06-2009 11:07 PM

If you have time and or room on your list of to dos can you add this one?

To do: Give bike to piginablanket

Thanks! :)

jshull 08-06-2009 11:52 PM

that is such a hot bike, wish I would have waited on the street bob:icon_screwy:

m i k e 08-07-2009 12:28 AM

nice wide glide mon
ditch dem reflectors for starters

billjoat 08-07-2009 01:12 AM

Took the reflectors off of the rear frame and the forks last night, the warning sticker off the air cleaner, and ordered a pair of Rush mufflers(with removeable baffles) to be in in 3 days.

TOMMAY 08-07-2009 01:20 AM

Saw a bike on a trailer at the dealership today and was thinking, damn, I like the way that guy has modded that Dyna. Turned out it was a new WG being dealer traded.

That is just one sharp bike. Bobbed rear fender,no tail lite,side mount plate like a Nightster,black rims,mirrors,risers. Not really crazy about the pipes but that's just one hell of a nice bike.

Good Luck

Tom

cmiller1014 08-07-2009 01:56 AM

Well I just spent 20 minutes trying to get the front reflectors off. Thought I had some goo gone but there was literally 1 drop left in the container and that didn't go far. Attempted to use wd-40 along with a piece of string. NOT easy.The wd-40 might have actually made it more difficult.

Got the front ones off for now. Might mess with the rear tomorrow.

SVTNate 08-07-2009 02:14 AM

I'm seriously considering the new WG. Can I get some more pics of your bike, preferably of the rear fender section? I have yet to see one at a local dealer, and I trust amateur owner photos to really show the bike over the fancy professional photos on the HD site.

cmiller1014 08-07-2009 02:33 AM

4 Attachment(s)
This is all i've got right now.... more tomorrow....

yoseppi 08-07-2009 03:15 AM

Use a hair dryer and dental floss. They'll slide off almost like butter.

THEN use goo gone or similar on the leftover residue.

Originally Posted by cmiller1014 (Post 5388529)
Well I just spent 20 minutes trying to get the front reflectors off. Thought I had some goo gone but there was literally 1 drop left in the container and that didn't go far. Attempted to use wd-40 along with a piece of string. NOT easy.The wd-40 might have actually made it more difficult.

Got the front ones off for now. Might mess with the rear tomorrow.