Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang or C&C seat

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 12:12 PM
Late Bloomer
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mustang or C&C seat

I know, yet another seat thread, but I did a search and couldn't really find what I am looking for. I had Mean City Cycles rework my stock seat but after 2 hours my rear screams "GET OFF". Ordered a Mustang Wide Vintage Solo but it's too high. It pushes me to the maximum for flat footing and I can foresee problems. So here's where I am at. Either a C&C LoPro solo or a Mustang Tripper Solo. I want to be able to ride ALL day without my butt talking to me. For what it's worth I am 5ft 8in and 195lbs with 29in inseam. Everyone seems to like the Mustang seats but cannot find anything abput the Tripper. C&C offers gel that Mustang doesn't. I cannot afford $$ to order over and over again. Any input is greatly appreciated and yes it's OK to make fun of the 4000th seat thread.

Old 08-22-2009, 12:14 PM
firebrick
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did you get the backrest with your seat? im looking at that seat too for my wideglide. Im 5-8 too and do have the bike lowered slightly. Is that seat comfortable? sorry to hijack

Old 08-22-2009, 12:18 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 968 Likes on 731 Posts

Before I ordered my Vintage Solo from Mustang I asked the salesperson about the Tripper. She said it was not as comfortable as the Vintage, especially on longer rides. It might help your reach problem but comfort might be an issue. I know that when I ordered from them direct you had a trial period of 10 days. Could be worth a try, all it will cost you is shipping. Can't help you with the C&C, but hopefully someone here will.

Old 08-22-2009, 12:22 PM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Just curious, what bike is the seat on and what settings are your shocks on? Stock shocks?

Old 08-22-2009, 12:26 PM
Late Bloomer
Cruiser

Originally Posted by firebrick
did you get the backrest with your seat? im looking at that seat too for my wideglide. Im 5-8 too and do have the bike lowered slightly. Is that seat comfortable? sorry to hijack
Luckily I don't have any problems with my back, so I didn't order the back rest. Raining here so I have not actually riden with the new seat but it's too high for me. Lots of people here have that seat and they all seem happy. Wish I were taller so I could keep it.

Old 08-22-2009, 12:28 PM
Late Bloomer
Cruiser

Originally Posted by RSA05FXDWGI
Just curious, what bike is the seat on and what settings are your shocks on? Stock shocks?
It is an 06 Lowrider, stock shocks set on 3. I thought about going to 2 but didn't think it would change anything. WTH I'll try it.

Old 08-22-2009, 12:59 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Yea I hate that the Mustang seat sits me up higher but lower shocks on my Street Bob solved the flat foot issue. The handlebar issue though still needs to be solved and my 14 inch apes in the garage will solve it if I ever get them put on. I hope I get the same "in the bike" feel after I put them on that I get from my Barebones Le Pera seat.

Old 08-22-2009, 01:01 PM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the lopro solo from C&C (you can see pics in my album)....I really like it and have ridden some pretty long days on it without any problems....It's not a touring seat by any stretch of the imagination but it is very comfortable considering how low profile it is. It will move you down and back about an inch to an inch and a half from the stock SB seat

Old 08-22-2009, 04:55 PM
Smiley51
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got the mustang day tripper solo...........I'v done a full day in the seat just stopping for gas and pissing and not really had any problems. I'm 5' 9" about 160 yea I'm kinda skinny no *** to speak of but I did have a firm roll bag behind me for support.

Old 08-22-2009, 05:06 PM
r00k
Road Warrior

I can't recommend C&C enough, I have the fast back w/o gel and have done 14.5 hours on it with out any issue for my back or rear (my brain was fried though ).

The only problem is generally my passengers don't like the fast back for more then 30-40 minutes.

When I talked to the owner of C&C he said that 90% or so go with out gel and are totally fine....

It will drop you down and back a little bit too (inch in each direction).

EDIT: We're roughly the same build too.

Last edited by r00k; 08-22-2009 at 05:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Mustang or C&C seat