Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Wide Glide Help.

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 06:19 PM
op01jre
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2010 Wide Glide Help.

Hello...I have 2010 Wide Glide Vivid Black and I need some help from all of you. My bike has 927 miles on it and I'm getting ready to do the 1K service on it this weekend....but I have one issue. My bike when it’s cold makes a high pitch chirping like sound on acceleration. The noise starts at about 30mph and I can't hear it any more when I get to around 50mph. After riding it for awhile...like at least 5 miles the noise goes away. If I pull the clutch in when I hear the noise the sound goes away...If I pull the clutch in and rev the motor I don't hear the noise either. In addition like 4 times now when standing still when I pull the clutch in and put it into first gear the bike makes a squeaking noise and feel like it’s trying to take off on me...ifs very minor but I can feel the bike trying to move forward. If I shift if back into neutral then back into first the squeaking noise goes away and the bike stays put. Now I'm pretty sure it’s the clutch \ primary but not real sure what the issue is. I have checked the fluids and they are good....I have adjusted the clutch and still the same. I have had the dealer adjust the clutch and still the same...unfortunately they have never heard the chirping noise cut its warm by the time I get there and I have never been able to reproduce the squeaking noise while I'm at the dealer. Any ideas on what the issue is and what I need to do to fix it?

P.S. I'm not an expert with fixing bikes but I'm not a newbie either..Although this is my first Harley..and I'm proud of that..this is not my first motorcycle..

Thanks in advance for all your help.

John

Old 10-15-2009, 06:41 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Probably inconvenient but I would take a bike that new, under warranty, back to the dealer and leave it until they can reproduce the noise and fix it. It shouldn't be up to you to fix a problem like that on a brand new 15k dollar bike.

I'm not a big dealer service department fan but there is a lot of value in a 2 year warranty. Take advantage of it. With that said, now that my bike is out of warranty, it won't ever go back to a dealer shop again unless it's for recall work that can't be done by anyone else.

Old 10-15-2009, 06:47 PM
PnDegc
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another guess, and just a guess is the belt. Had same sound and that was the issue. Should be standard check at 1000K, but mention it anyway.

Old 10-15-2009, 06:55 PM
op01jre
Cruiser

Yes actually the dealer will be doing the 1K service this weekend only because its free..the first service for free was a part of the deal when I bought the bike. I plan on leaving it there until they fix it...but I'm kind of interested in getting an idea what the issue is before I take it in this weekend. To be honest I have taken it twice to the dealer already and they dont seem to have a clue. I also thought it may be the belt...I checked it and it seems ok....I had the dealer check it and they thought it was ok...Regardless, I will have them check it again.

Old 10-15-2009, 07:40 PM
CQCBlades
Cruiser

I suggest you let them do the first service and try to address the problem, if its still there after the fact, then take the bike to a different HD with some more experienced service folks, its still free under warranty.

Greg

Old 10-15-2009, 07:50 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by op01jre
To be honest I have taken it twice to the dealer already and they dont seem to have a clue.
They wouldn't be the first. Hence the reason my bike isn't going back to one. Hold their feet to the fire until you get satisfaction on the issue.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:21 AM
B767
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PnDegc
Another guess, and just a guess is the belt. Had same sound and that was the issue. Should be standard check at 1000K, but mention it anyway.
I don't think my bike will ever make it to 1000k or 1,000,000 miles! LOL. Sorry couldn't resist...

I agree w/QCQBlades, if they can't find your problem take it to another HD shop. Good luck. Let us know what they find.