Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 02:15 PM
Cobr0
Cruiser
Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 103bob
I was thinking this too when rusty butcher swapped for streetbob front end. Why give up the inverted front end and dual disc brakes.
Harley Davidson gave him a free 2018 and he wanted to mod it ASAP to get it out there and start nut-swinging.

He tossed on parts he had laying around in a single day which is why the fairing isn't painted.

Bike still looks like ***. The overall stance and proportions remind me of the Yamaha Bolt. The "radiator" between the front frame is typical metric styling we've been bitching about for years.

The bike mad significant aesthetic sacrifices for a very small return on performance and at the end of the day, it's still not as fast, nimble, lightweight as a metric. It is also just as ugly as most and uglier then some. Never mind the fact that it still costs 2-3x more and the build quality gap is steadily becoming less and less.

Only thing this bike has going for it is "America!" But then Indian has that as well and the Scout is a better looking bike for half the price.

I feel like Victory anounced they where shutting down and either HD hired the design team or is just now decided "OMFG, we need to jump on this styling band wagon!!"

The other bike it reminds me of is the Rocker with it's goof proportions and bullshit chopped fenders. I bet HD is using the chopped fenders as a cost cutting measure. Less metal, less paint.

The following users liked this post:
OddJack (08-28-2017)
Old 08-25-2017, 02:44 PM
rayny1014
Road Captain
Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Cobr0
Harley Davidson gave him a free 2018 and he wanted to mod it ASAP to get it out there and start nut-swinging.

He tossed on parts he had laying around in a single day which is why the fairing isn't painted.

Bike still looks like ***. The overall stance and proportions remind me of the Yamaha Bolt. The "radiator" between the front frame is typical metric styling we've been bitching about for years.

The bike mad significant aesthetic sacrifices for a very small return on performance and at the end of the day, it's still not as fast, nimble, lightweight as a metric. It is also just as ugly as most and uglier then some. Never mind the fact that it still costs 2-3x more and the build quality gap is steadily becoming less and less.

Only thing this bike has going for it is "America!" But then Indian has that as well and the Scout is a better looking bike for half the price.

I feel like Victory anounced they where shutting down and either HD hired the design team or is just now decided "OMFG, we need to jump on this styling band wagon!!"

The other bike it reminds me of is the Rocker with it's goof proportions and bullshit chopped fenders. I bet HD is using the chopped fenders as a cost cutting measure. Less metal, less paint.
Actually word is bike is only assembled in America not built here .

Old 08-27-2017, 11:18 PM
ebct666
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Been a while since I've posted but I started classes at MMI last week and its going pretty well. Way ****ing better than a "traditional" education.
But to shed some light on these dark times(aka the end of dynas), one of the instructors told me that some of the guys here actually tried to start a SOA club ...

Anyways, haven't had the chance to check things out here yet because my baby is still sitting at home something like this. Waiting to get a good shipping quote from my pops

Old 08-28-2017, 07:49 AM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

Originally Posted by fxdx1985
Lol that whole account makes me "lol" now. "See guys!! We changed the entire front end by getting rid of the inverted forks and fat wheel, so now it's a new dyna with old dyna parts. Everyone buy this bike!!!"

Hahah...k lemme buy a $20k bike, throw another $5k in parts at it to make it the old Dyna, but still not.

If any of you have $25k to make a new Dyna an old Dyna, I'll sell you my old Dyna for $19k.

On top of that, for $25k you can make your old dyna pretty bitchen with a giant motor, suspension and still have money left over.
well lets start with the fact that its not a 20k bike. Thats a 107. 14.5k. Is that unheard of? So no one ever bought a bike and put something old on it or dumped 5k+ into it? No new shocks, oil cooler, t bars, fairings, bags, engine work, brake upgrades, paint, etc..? Nah. Doubt anyone would do that. GTFOH.

It one the to just openly be a hater. Its another to be an unrealistic/unreasonable hater with bad facts and womanly drama.

Dyna is over, accept it. You will only get a used dyna or 2017 left over.... there are no other options outside of building one with aftermarket goods (definitely not a bad thing)

the 2018s are dope. Sitting around crying about costs of modification or doing what you want with a bike you own is unsportsmanlike behavior. You don't like it, don't fkn buy it. No one is forcing you to. Keep riding your perfectly good bike until the wheels fall off. No shame there.

I'm definitely not running out to get one but, i will be buying one and working with whats there because thats where/what sh** is now. 120+ kits are inbound. The frame is tight and lighter. It felt like my sportster on roids. With some modifications it will be just fines. And that engine in the 114 is fabulous. Fk all the hate. My dyna puts out ~120tq/122hp and the 114 felt almost as strongh and smoother.

seriously, cut the sh** and go ride the bikes. Stop all this crab in a barrel hate. It's silly.

just silly:
View this post on Instagram

Last edited by cvaria; 08-28-2017 at 08:29 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by cvaria:
ajk511 (08-28-2017), AndreiTheGiant (08-28-2017)
Old 08-28-2017, 07:13 PM
fxdx1985
Road Master
Received 155 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
well lets start with the fact that its not a 20k bike. Thats a 107. 14.5k. Is that unheard of? So no one ever bought a bike and put something old on it or dumped 5k+ into it? No new shocks, oil cooler, t bars, fairings, bags, engine work, brake upgrades, paint, etc..? Nah. Doubt anyone would do that. GTFOH.

It one the to just openly be a hater. Its another to be an unrealistic/unreasonable hater with bad facts and womanly drama.

Dyna is over, accept it. You will only get a used dyna or 2017 left over.... there are no other options outside of building one with aftermarket goods (definitely not a bad thing)

the 2018s are dope. Sitting around crying about costs of modification or doing what you want with a bike you own is unsportsmanlike behavior. You don't like it, don't fkn buy it. No one is forcing you to. Keep riding your perfectly good bike until the wheels fall off. No shame there.

I'm definitely not running out to get one but, i will be buying one and working with whats there because thats where/what sh** is now. 120+ kits are inbound. The frame is tight and lighter. It felt like my sportster on roids. With some modifications it will be just fines. And that engine in the 114 is fabulous. Fk all the hate. My dyna puts out ~120tq/122hp and the 114 felt almost as strongh and smoother.

seriously, cut the sh** and go ride the bikes. Stop all this crab in a barrel hate. It's silly.

just silly:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BXBPv52jVvh/

I agree, yes my figures were extreme, but the summary of my post was that it was a silly way to convince the masses to buy the 2018.

"See how good this bike is?! All you have to do is change the entire front end and a lot of other stuff and it will be just like the old bikes (which are supposed to be 'not as good')"

Old 08-28-2017, 11:49 PM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member
Received 835 Likes on 370 Posts

And back to dyna content.

Old 08-29-2017, 12:02 AM
OddJack
Road Warrior
Received 180 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria

just silly:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BXBPv52jVvh/

Only the womanly wants it Smoother.

Thats what HD was counting on when they made the changes with their middle finger.

Old 08-29-2017, 02:39 AM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by fxdx1985
I agree, yes my figures were extreme, but the summary of my post was that it was a silly way to convince the masses to buy the 2018.

"See how good this bike is?! All you have to do is change the entire front end and a lot of other stuff and it will be just like the old bikes (which are supposed to be 'not as good')"
What I don't get is why didn't RB just do the same thing with a a new Streetbob? He could have just put a fairing on it and been done. Why swap the old front end on to a FB to make it look like the new SB? He even used the version with the smaller motor? What am I missing?

Old 08-29-2017, 03:25 AM
antlockyer
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by themouth!!!
What I don't get is why didn't RB just do the same thing with a a new Streetbob? He could have just put a fairing on it and been done. Why swap the old front end on to a FB to make it look like the new SB? He even used the version with the smaller motor? What am I missing?
perhaps that's the only bike option he had when they gave it to him. I'd take one for free and tell you how good it is too.

Old 08-29-2017, 08:43 AM
theduroche
Tourer
Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Oh! So this is how they're going to generate more softail sales!
(By not offering anything else.)

Last edited by theduroche; 08-29-2017 at 09:04 AM.
The following users liked this post:
DynaKid94 (08-29-2017)

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's