Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 11:49 AM
theduroche
Tourer
Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Then an FXR'll be my goal once I can make some cash off the ducati.
But that ain't easy in the Canadian fall.

Any preference of years for the FXR? I know the rear shock angle changed.

Old 10-12-2018, 12:04 PM
Jake707
Tourer
Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts

You should start another thread as there’s tons of info on FXRs from the old heads that had them since new and the younger guys who are still learning and applying new school tech to them.

But at a 30k foot level view id say anything after 90 so you get a splined shaft and most of the bugs worked out.

Shock angle is just the fender struts. Swap those for earlier RP or RTs or get some Arlen Ness ones and customize like I did. Both shock mounting holes positions are drilled into the frame.

Last edited by Jake707; 10-12-2018 at 12:06 PM.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:16 PM
theduroche
Tourer

Thanks a bunch!

Old 10-12-2018, 02:17 PM
GREENOHAWK69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 555 Likes on 329 Posts

I wasn't able to find anything specific in the forums, but please feel free to direct me to any threads.

Please and thanks.
[/QUOTE]

Lithium batteries are almost 10 lbs less than regular batteries.

Old 10-12-2018, 02:19 PM
theduroche
Tourer

Yeah, I thought of going with one of those.
I heard the chargers are expensive though.

Old 10-12-2018, 02:24 PM
Jake707
Tourer
Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by GREENOHAWK69
I wasn't able to find anything specific in the forums, but please feel free to direct me to any threads.

Please and thanks.
Lithium batteries are almost 10 lbs less than regular batteries.[/QUOTE]
I have one and will say this. They are stupid light. You’d think they were hollow shelf displays. They have plenty of power as well.
HOWEVER what I was NOT told about when being sold on it was that these batteries need to “warm up”. What that means is if it sits longer than an hour or two when you hit the starter it will struggle just like a dead battery. But let the starter button go then hit it again and it’s like a brand new battery. So you basically need to double tap the starter. It’s not a deal breaker but it’s dam annoying when out and everyone looks at you like your battery is dead.

The following users liked this post:
Shaunchez (10-25-2018)
Old 10-12-2018, 02:29 PM
theduroche
Tourer

That's a great tip.
I'm sure no one would've told me that.
Thanks.

Old 10-12-2018, 10:55 PM
pheur
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one and will say this. They are stupid light. You’d think they were hollow shelf displays. They have plenty of power as well.
HOWEVER what I was NOT told about when being sold on it was that these batteries need to “warm up”. What that means is if it sits longer than an hour or two when you hit the starter it will struggle just like a dead battery. But let the starter button go then hit it again and it’s like a brand new battery. So you basically need to double tap the starter. It’s not a deal breaker but it’s dam annoying when out and everyone looks at you like your battery is dead.
Huhh.. need to test this, had a brand new (a year ago..) that I concluded as bad (and I could not return it). Need to load it up and see if it might be good after all.
Anyone else that know about this, can confirm? I just last week put my bike in winter storage so I can't test for a few months.

Last edited by pheur; 10-12-2018 at 10:57 PM.
Old 10-25-2018, 06:38 PM
Shaunchez
Advanced
Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by pheur
Huhh.. need to test this, had a brand new (a year ago..) that I concluded as bad (and I could not return it). Need to load it up and see if it might be good after all.
Anyone else that know about this, can confirm? I just last week put my bike in winter storage so I can't test for a few months.
Yep. Mine does the same thing, gotta hit the thing twice and it starts right up. Had it for about a year and a half, been doing it since day 1.

Old 10-26-2018, 08:57 PM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 651 Posts

I've been running a Predator Mount for about six years (I think) and scored a true track kit. I've had a brand new front motor mount sitting in my parts horde for awhile and decided to try out the true track.

Front was easy to get on. The rear was kinda a pain. I have the bracket for the 13 inch and taller shocks (I might add). I decided to take the rear wheel off to make it easier and I'm glad I did. One of my rear wheel bearings was toast.

The predator looks a little worse for he wear but we shall see how I like the true track in comparison. The clearances were very tight in relation to my swingarm.

It should also be said that I live in Florida and ride in all kinds of conditions so everything rusts.

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's