Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 08:28 AM
b2inUT
Road Warrior
Received 148 Likes on 90 Posts

While i dig the work he’s done with many of his sportsters, if I was building a “modern FXR”, I’d start with the new sport glide, fat bob or low rider. I’m not that big of a fan of the sportster platform—they ride top heavy compared to most all other Harleys.
Originally Posted by fxdx1985
Seriously where have I been? I think I’ve seen this thing a few times browsing around but blasted past it because I thought it was the new Fat Bob he’d done.

Old 07-08-2019, 09:39 AM
Craigmier
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Damn I may be way late to the party, but this thing is sick! Closest to a “modern” FXR we can get? Built right, it should run circles around any Dyna that’s trying to be an FXR. You could still get EFI and not have a 30 year old carbed FXR Evo that costs $14k.

Imagine a new Roadster set up like this.

My dyna is not trying to be an FXR, and this sportster certainly is not running circles around it. Just because it has an FXR fairing put on it. I just found a mint condition FXR, one owner, all maintenance done on time with records from same master harley mechanic since 1992 that I got for a song. I will be building it up as it has a 80" evo now. Might go EFI, might not. FXR feels smaller than my FXDLS but not as tiny as a sportster. Put an average size male on that sportster and it will look like a childs bike. Also I think there are dyna's that are much closer to "modern day FXR" as you put it, than this sportster. My FXDLS will run circles around any sportster.

The following 2 users liked this post by Craigmier:
Greezey Rider (07-08-2019), Mark Faulkner (07-09-2019)
Old 07-08-2019, 09:51 AM
Blutx
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So is sons of anarchy where y'all got this term?

All the tx chapter bandits are riding street glides n roadkings... Im good w NOT having a scoot that looks like every other bike at the local hooters or wing stop lol.

Old 07-08-2019, 10:02 AM
HyperM3
Road Captain
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

@jweezy Do you have a soundclip of this exhaust?

Old 07-08-2019, 11:01 AM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 728 Likes on 559 Posts
Old 07-08-2019, 11:28 AM
Blutx
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 super fxrt

06 superglide i think its thuggish but ive always been this way!

Old 07-08-2019, 03:00 PM
dennyo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,055 Likes on 631 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Guild
Thanks Man , Appreciate It .

Old 07-08-2019, 03:42 PM
fxdx1985
Road Master
Received 155 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Craigmier
My dyna is not trying to be an FXR, and this sportster certainly is not running circles around it. Just because it has an FXR fairing put on it. I just found a mint condition FXR, one owner, all maintenance done on time with records from same master harley mechanic since 1992 that I got for a song. I will be building it up as it has a 80" evo now. Might go EFI, might not. FXR feels smaller than my FXDLS but not as tiny as a sportster. Put an average size male on that sportster and it will look like a childs bike. Also I think there are dyna's that are much closer to "modern day FXR" as you put it, than this sportster. My FXDLS will run circles around any sportster.
I wasn’t trying to offend anyone, but that’s a pretty big claim to say you’d run circles around ANY sportster. There’s some hot rods out there...you’re also comparing the Dyna with the largest motor from the factory. I meant the average Dyna...88”, 96” or even stock 103”, but sure, fair.

Maybe we’re using terms differently here. By “running circles around” I meant handling wise, not a straight line drag race. There’s a hell of a lot less weight and no weak point wobble on a Sportster that a Dyna has. Sportsters are a lot more like FXRs than Dynas are.

The EFI argument was thrown out there meaning in stock form...not having to convert a 30 year old bike into something modern. That’s kind of where I was going with this- the most out of the box ready from the factory. Obviously if one could change several things to modernize an FXR it would be the “modern FXR” 🙄

Old 07-09-2019, 12:29 AM
Mark Faulkner
Road Captain
Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

I wasn’t trying to offend anyone, but that’s a pretty big claim to say you’d run circles around ANY sportster. There’s some hot rods out there...you’re also comparing the Dyna with the largest motor from the factory. I meant the average Dyna...88”, 96” or even stock 103”, but sure, fair.

Maybe we’re using terms differently here. By “running circles around” I meant handling wise, not a straight line drag race. There’s a hell of a lot less weight and no weak point wobble on a Sportster that a Dyna has. Sportsters are a lot more like FXRs than Dynas are.

The EFI argument was thrown out there meaning in stock form...not having to convert a 30 year old bike into something modern. That’s kind of where I was going with this- the most out of the box ready from the factory. Obviously if one could change several things to modernize an FXR it would be the “modern FXR” 🙄
If you're comparing a hot rod Sportster to a stock Dyna i'd probably agree, but that's hardly a fair or real world comparison. Pile a bunch of cash into both and the Dyna should come out on top.

Old 07-09-2019, 08:14 AM
b2inUT
Road Warrior
Received 148 Likes on 90 Posts

It's been beaten to death, but it's been a common style with a particular west coast club for years. The clubs near me are mostly baggers with few "club style Dynas/FXRs"--I prefer the term "performance built".

Different clubs, different styles. There are a few clubs in the region here or not terribly far away that focus on chopper style. I've seen stretched and raked FXRs, Dynas and baggers that are pretty rad.

I dig that orange you've got going with FXRT fairing, @Blutx .

What I get a kick out of, though, is people saying "all of these cookie-cutter SOA bikes..." blah blah blah when most of the bikes at "the local hooters" (or wherever the brrrooooothhheeerrrrsss hang at bike night in their affliction shirts and bedazzled flappy pocket women jeans) are softails or dynas with apes and baggers. They're more cookie-cutter to me--especially when the baggers are stock.

Most of the guys I ride with have this style of Dyna or FXR, though.

Originally Posted by Blutx
All the tx chapter bandits are riding street glides n roadkings... Im good w NOT having a scoot that looks like every other bike at the local hooters or wing stop lol.

The following users liked this post:
1bestfriend (07-09-2019)

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's