Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Old 01-19-2014, 07:06 PM
murrayliving
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey squid That is a hd quartet fairing right? How big or tall are your handlebars?

Old 01-19-2014, 07:27 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JonnyLew
Hey Squid youve prob said it before somewhere but..im wanting to do the same fairing on my 14 sbob..whatd you do for brackets for the forks? all i see is availability for the sporty or does it work on ours too?
Everything I did, including part numbers, is here: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...g-project.html

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions though.

Originally Posted by murrayliving
Hey squid That is a hd quartet fairing right? How big or tall are your handlebars?
Yep, HD. I have 10" Santee T-bars on 1" Novello riser extensions (for now). They have a little more pull back than I like and aren't quite narrow enough. Steve Hansen (SPFabrication) says my new bars are at powder coat now. I hope to be mounting them up next weekend. Same total height (11"), but with less pullback and only 28" wide.

Old 01-19-2014, 07:43 PM
murrayliving
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SquidHead
Everything I did, including part numbers, is here: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...g-project.html

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions though.

Yep, HD. I have 10" Santee T-bars on 1" Novello riser extensions (for now). They have a little more pull back than I like and aren't quite narrow enough. Steve Hansen (SPFabrication) says my new bars are at powder coat now. I hope to be mounting them up next weekend. Same total height (11"), but with less pullback and only 28" wide.
How high of a handle bars do you thibk i could go before it goes over the fairing? Also does it help with the wind or is it just for looks?

Old 01-19-2014, 07:48 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member

How high of a handle bars do you thibk i could go before it goes over the fairing? Also does it help with the wind or is it just for looks?
I think 10" would be level with the top of my fairing, but it depends on how high you put it on the forks. There's about an inch up or down you can use, and you have to raise/lower the headlight with a longer/shorter spacer under the mounting block.

Yes it blocks the wind (off your chest), and yes it's for looks (2 birds, 1 stone).

Here's a better angle to see where it sits with my bars.

Old 01-19-2014, 07:53 PM
murrayliving
Cruiser

I like it but i think if i go that route im going to get it lower then yours and make it look more dragster just trying to figure out what length woukd give me that

Old 01-19-2014, 08:19 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member

I like it but i think if i go that route im going to get it lower then yours and make it look more dragster just trying to figure out what length woukd give me that
Check out Biltwell's Frisco bars. I think they are 6 or 8" and plenty sturdy.

Old 01-20-2014, 11:13 AM
murrayliving
Cruiser

Check out Biltwell's Frisco bars. I think they are 6 or 8" and plenty sturdy.
Ty but 8" seems really tall maybe im just over thinking it

Old 01-20-2014, 11:20 AM
jmb79
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ty but 8" seems really tall maybe im just over thinking it
Bingo!

Old 01-20-2014, 06:10 PM
Irish883
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1" Novello riser extensions (for now).
How do you like having extensions? I've been thinking of getting some to try putting my bars another 1"-1.5" higher since it is a lot cheaper than getting new bars. What I love most about tbars is that super connected feeling you get from them so I am concerned about the addition of extensions hurting that. Since they are inline with the mounting points I don't think it will be an issue, but better safe than sorry.

Old 01-20-2014, 07:18 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Irish883
How do you like having extensions? I've been thinking of getting some to try putting my bars another 1"-1.5" higher since it is a lot cheaper than getting new bars. What I love most about tbars is that super connected feeling you get from them so I am concerned about the addition of extensions hurting that. Since they are inline with the mounting points I don't think it will be an issue, but better safe than sorry.
I love the Novellos. They are tapered and mate the bars to the top of the tree nicely. I picked up a little extra vibration at first, but then added a hardened washer and in place of the chrome trim ring on my bushings and that took care of that.

Novello stopped making them though, so you might try ebay. I don't know much about the other brands.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's