Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Old 05-13-2014, 12:49 AM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Not a whole lot new to report. Still visiting wife in the hospital every day until babies come. I managed to finish up wiring the tach in to the speedo. I tried out the Go Pro chest mount on the way to and from the hospital, but it sits too low to really seen in front of me due to the fairing. It would probably look pretty cool with some apes that you can actually see between, but that's not me. Here's some prt scrn images of video frames just for ***** and giggles.

First we have the beautiful Stork statue at the Women's Hospital. So sick of seeing that thing....
Name:  chesticle2_zps55b55864.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  51.0 KB

And then some fun lane-splitting action

Name:  chesticle_zpsc5be946c.jpg
Views: 569
Size:  42.5 KB

And a night shot to show how shitty the night camera is.

Name:  chesticle3_zps7deee048.png
Views: 547
Size:  238.8 KB

One last shot to show off the new gauge set up
Name:  photo2_zps69df838f.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  38.2 KB

Name:  image_zpsa0873668.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  75.8 KB

Last edited by emerican19; 05-13-2014 at 09:58 AM.
Old 05-13-2014, 06:46 AM
emerican19
Road Warrior

This guy is pretty "thug" too

Name:  image_zps7943b654.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  59.9 KB

Old 05-13-2014, 07:13 AM
NHMJONES
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Name:  image_zpsa0873668.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  75.8 KB[/QUOTE]

love the sticker!

Old 05-13-2014, 10:00 AM
emerican19
Road Warrior

Haha that's my favorite mod so far. Stole few alphabet stickers from my wife's scrapbooking supplies and the rest is history. I put it under the floorboard so I'm not a target on the road, but it makes a nice statement when I'm parked.

Old 05-13-2014, 10:11 AM
jpace024
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Monster - I appreciate the comments, your bike is always on point as well.

Irish - I think a chrome pipe would definitely look good, contrast is key.

Puglia - Looking good man, nice work.

Finally got out for a good ride. 95% done, daymaker installed, fairing back on, finished scotchbriting the pipe and cleaned her all up. Ordered the front Sputhe stabilizer on Friday and it was here Monday. Gonna switch it out this week so I can mount up the Dougz chin spoiler. Next plan is to de-badge the tank and add silver pinstripe to tins to match the battery box & spoiler. To say riding it is a totally different experience is an understatement. Suspension, riding position, stability all drastically improved. Buffeting I had with 18" shield is now gone with 15" and new riding position. Anyway heres a quick pic.

Attached Thumbnails Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-img_20140512_105142_676.jpg  

Last edited by jpace024; 05-13-2014 at 10:32 AM.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:44 AM
shiftace
Road Warrior
Received 709 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by Irish883
Going to be changing my exhaust in 2-3 months, really thinking of going chrome this time. I'm not a chrome fan, but I do like accent, and after putting my shocks on I feel like my baby is getting a little dark. I figure if I hate it I could always get it powder coated black... Thoughts?
Silver Ceramic ceramic coating looks **** and is a high luster, not quite chrome but def not black. It's a good look too.

Old 05-13-2014, 12:23 PM
Jeezy
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2011 FXDB

Old 05-13-2014, 12:27 PM
wolfmojo11
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jpace024
Monster - I appreciate the comments, your bike is always on point as well.

Irish - I think a chrome pipe would definitely look good, contrast is key.

Puglia - Looking good man, nice work.

Finally got out for a good ride. 95% done, daymaker installed, fairing back on, finished scotchbriting the pipe and cleaned her all up. Ordered the front Sputhe stabilizer on Friday and it was here Monday. Gonna switch it out this week so I can mount up the Dougz chin spoiler. Next plan is to de-badge the tank and add silver pinstripe to tins to match the battery box & spoiler. To say riding it is a totally different experience is an understatement. Suspension, riding position, stability all drastically improved. Buffeting I had with 18" shield is now gone with 15" and new riding position. Anyway heres a quick pic.

All class and bada** at the same time....I would say very difficult to pull off....but there it is....

Old 05-13-2014, 12:33 PM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts

JPACE your bike looks amazing man!

Are your wheels 21"x2.15"(what size tire) front and 18"x5.5" rear?

Old 05-13-2014, 01:18 PM
Irish883
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VoiceofReason44
I am waiting for the delivery of some 13.5" shocks. How difficult is it to swap the stock shocks out? Are there any special tools required? Anyone give a quick "walk-through" on how?
It's very easy...

1. Loosen the upper nuts and lower bolts on the ground (not all the way, just break the tightness).

2. Jack it up, so the rear tire is still on the ground, but just barely, remove the bolts the rest of the way.

3. Jack it up some more to allow the added height for the new shocks.

4. Install them on either side, hand threading the top nuts to keep them in place.

5. Adjust the jack height as needed to line up the bottom eyelets, hand thread the bolts a bit.

6. Make sure everything is lined up, no cross threading, and then tighten them accordingly.

7. Lower jack, inspect for issues, give the nuts/bolts one more snug up with the torque wrench if you want, ride away happy.

As far as jacks, if you don't have a motorcycle jack you can tripod it with a car jack. I take no responsibility if your bike falls over for doing it wrong, but it is very common and easy to do in the absence of a motorcycle jack. Works better with a scissor style lift since they lift straight up without question, but a normal lever style jack works too.

1. Chock your front wheel.

2. Put bike in gear to help keep it in place.

3. Ensure your kickstand is FIRMLY down.

4. Go to the right side of the bike and position your jack toward the right rear section of the frame so it is diagonal from the kickstand, not directly in line with it.

5. Slowly raise the jack to get the rear tire off the ground very, very slightly.

6. Go back around the left side of the bike and make sure it is secure and not moving.

7. Raise it the rest of the way as needed.

Good luck and don't let the disclaimer scare you, if you do it slowly and properly and don't beat the bike with a hammer once it is jacked up, you should have no problems. I just don't want anyone hunting me down for trying the tripod and having their bike crash on its side...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's