Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Dyna Glide Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models-9/)
-   -   Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models/429954-thug-style-club-style-dyna-pics.html)

Lama 10-15-2009 08:32 PM

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

1 Attachment(s)
I'm in the process of modding my 2007 FXDC into a club style bike. Sorry if the term I use is incorrect for this site, as there are so many names people give this type setup, Thug Style, Club Style, Outlaw style, Hooligan, etc. I am hoping maybe this site has some members that have a bike that I can draw inspiration from, by posting pictures.

I am not referring to the style that is somewhat poorly done on that SOA show on TV.

Anyway, I can mostly find pictures on Japan sites, but it seems the bulk of great modified bikes of this style are 2005 and older Dyna's.

Anyone have a 2006+ bike done up. Something like this:

Sumpnut 10-15-2009 08:40 PM

Bloody Hell ! All ya need is a red nose and ginger wig to finish the look of that ! Those styles you mentioned are a bit more tame on the colour side of things..theres some real good Thug ..Hooligan type builds here and I'm sure they'll pop up on this thread..standard matt black street bobs suit the bill but most get tailored down by the owners to be more thugish buuuhahahaaaaaaa !!!! l..

timberwolfz28 10-15-2009 08:42 PM

how about a description of what you mean by that style? what characteristics go into a "thug style" bike?

PsTaN 10-15-2009 08:50 PM

Last Saint rides what you are lookin' for ... his bike is the epitome of that style.

PsTaN

2007fxdc 10-15-2009 09:09 PM

Not sure how many "real" MC's you'd see a bike like that in except for maybe Japan. No doubt that thing probably has multi-colored LED's mounted all over it for the night time. If you start from the pavement and work your way up, the pipes and the wheels seem to be going there but after that, it kind of gets well, colorful...

Given your description of what you are looking for and then the picture you gave as an example, I'm left confused as to what you are actually after.

Sumpnut 10-15-2009 09:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I would guess in most peoples minds thug bikes look like these.. the sportster is from japan..the other hardtail springer from Sweden...

07bobber 10-15-2009 09:23 PM

around here they are outlaw styled look at last saints, and sikwithits

archergodwin 10-15-2009 09:26 PM

I think the term you want is "outlaw".... thugs and hooligans went out in the 70s ;)
There should be plenty to look at here, it's a popular theme.

chad peterson 10-15-2009 09:52 PM

My scoot is outlaw...set up with night rod fairing, most of em are with 1/4 fairings! Sick style if that's what catches your eye & riding style! Basically tall t-bars, some kind of fairing, and a thunderheader is it will get ya there!

07bobber 10-15-2009 10:00 PM

im still in the process but i like shiny stuff on my bike