Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin Classic Solo

Old 06-29-2006, 11:47 PM
rde
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corbin Classic Solo

I'm about to ditch the stock seat on my 06 WG and go with the Classic Solo. Before I part with that kind of money, I would like to hear any comments from other owners. I have looked at Mustang and others, but the lines of the Corbin look so much better on the WG. I also really like the removable backrest.

Does it really feel that much more comfortable considering the cost of the saddle? Anybody unhappy they bought a Corbin?

I like the look of a solo seat on the WG. I haven't seen any WG's with the backrest attached, but it has to be a comfortable ride. I'm just having trouble forking over $499 for the seat and another $239 for the backrest. I could chrome my front end for that amount of money! [sm=sigh.gif]

However, I figure a comfortable saddle is about the best mod I can do right now since the stock seat has to go. The pics on Corbin's site look awesome. The front end can wait awhile I suppose. I'm thinking about leaving my bobtail luggage rack on the rear-should look cool with the solo seat!

Old 06-30-2006, 12:12 AM
PsTaN
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Corbin Classic Solo

rde,

I got my Corbin Classic Solo and Pillion in last week. I too sat around and wondered if I was completely crazy to spend that kind of $$$ on a seat ..... but I must say it was worth it. The fit, finish, and workmanship are top-notch. The Keylock System and mounting studs are nice and the set-up leaves a really clean look ... also, the pillion mounts up nice and snug and doesnt move around at all. I'll be solo most of the time, but got the pillion for when the GF wants to ride. I rode probably 320 miles this past Saturday and not once was I uncomfortable on the seat. The idea that the seat gets better than this after 1000 miles or so is a nice thought as well. A good buy if you ask me ..... good indeed.

I'll eventually add a backrest for longer rides .... think I'm going to get the really small Ovalback Gunfighter. http://www.corbin.com/accessories/02-g.shtml Lastly, I tried a Mustang ... it wasnt for me.

PsTaN

Old 06-30-2006, 12:49 AM
rde
Road Captain

Glad to hear you like the seat. Do you feel you sit lower now that you've added the classic solo?

Old 06-30-2006, 01:16 AM
PsTaN
Road Master

Not lower ... just feels different than the stock solo. However, it is apples and oranges comparing the two. I think the difference is that the Corbin is more sculpted in the rear and lower there, but with more support for the legs in the front ... kinda hard to explain ... but it is comfortable.

PsTaN

Old 06-30-2006, 09:50 AM
rap87
Tourer

How did you install it...I got the dual tour and spent four hours trying to get it on and it won't go. The front tap is about 2 inches shorter than the stock seat and it won't slip under the tank tab. Just scratches the black paint off the frame before the tab...I'm fed up with the damn seat.

Old 06-30-2006, 10:32 AM
JSW
Cruiser

I went to a Corbin Gunfighter on my FXD. I was running a HD badlander before. IMO the Corbin has a much better fit and is more comfortable. My only complaint is I HATE the cheap looking velcro cover strap for the removable backrest port. Its huge and it ruins the lines of the seat. Corbin wouldn't take it back because "I had put it on my bike" so I'm stuck with it. I may just live with it or find someone who can rework the leather to hide it better.

JSW

Old 06-30-2006, 01:23 PM
PsTaN
Road Master

rap87 ...

The solo mounts with the keylock studs .... there is no tab on the front of my seat. A mounting bar goes up front and a stud goes in the standard mounting hole on the rear ... the seat simply pops down at those two points.

Check the number stamped on the seatpan and make sure it's for your bike .... '06 WG right? Call them also!!

PsTaN

Old 07-01-2006, 05:55 AM
Z
Road Warrior
Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts

Rap87

I had the same problem with my Dual Tour that you're having. I rode it to the Corbin factory. A tech checking it out, scratched his head and asked one of their desing engineers--who just happened to be around when I was--to look at it. it turns out that the front metal tab was too long and he had to cut it shorter. My seat scratched my rear fender just behind the lock-down screw hole on the back tab of the seat, and dented the fender under one of the seat's rubber bumpers. Corbin treated me well, though. They fixed the seat, has their body man fix as much of the damage as he could, and immediately granted my request for a free $239 backrest as compensation for the remaining damage. I was satisfied, particularly since I freakin love the seat--it's VERY comfortable, even on the longest of rides--and because I plan to repaint the bike soon anyway.

The moral of the story: if it *seems* like it doesn't fit? It probably doesn't and you shouldn't force it.

Chuck

Old 07-01-2006, 05:55 AM
Z
Road Warrior
Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts

I have both the Classic Solo and the Dual Tour on my 98 Wide Glide, and I love them both. Do a seach in this forum on "Classic Solo" and you'll find lots of info about this seat.

Chuck

Old 07-01-2006, 09:41 AM
rde
Road Captain

Thanks for all the posts. I haven't heard from anybody that didn't think the seat wasn't comfortable. Once I put together the cash I will order the classic solo with the backrest and post some pics.

I am looking forward to a backrest on my scoot. Being tall at 6'2" I tend to slouch in my seat on my WG and after awhile my lower back gets sore. I think it will be a must have for longer rides.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Corbin Classic Solo