Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stage 1

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 02:31 PM
littlevan
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stage 1

Currently researching the different stage 1 options for my 2010 FXD. After discussing with Vance and Hines the different sounds and hearing the Big Radius 2 in 2, I've decided I think on the Big Radius 2in1, for better sound quality and not as loud. V&H also stated the big shots staggered with quiet baffles is still louder than the Big Radius 2 in 1.
Any input on VH 2 in 1 is appreciated. Also VH Fuel Pack vs. Thunder-MAX.

Old 10-01-2010, 02:47 PM
strokerjlk
Cruiser

D&D 2-1 quiet baffle. SEST or TTS. and a good tune.

Old 10-01-2010, 04:48 PM
michaelmitt
Intermediate

i have the big radius 2-1 and is too quiet... Seriously considering a change to a 2-2 system.

Old 10-01-2010, 11:37 PM
treadstone
Cruiser

I just switched from the vh2-1 to the BSS. The 2-1 is a performer. It gives great power through the entire range and sounds mean and low..on decel it gives a very distinctive growl as well. Just not quite loud enough for me. It works well with the VH fuel pak (obviously) but does have an occsasional pop...not a full blown backfire,just a small pop that you get used too. You can't go wrong with VH IMO. Its high quality sexy to look at and dependable. Also allows the option to switch out baffles if you want a different sound. I would check further about a baffle for the 2-1 though, not sure they make any.

Old 10-02-2010, 03:22 AM
PhilCat th PeaceFrog
Advanced

SE 2-1 with SERT & dynotune = no decel pop ... ever. Not anything I'd want to have to get use to no offense previous post but when it right its right & dosnt pop when slowing down. It has to work cause i dont need a rear brake the engine is mine. Have fun & ridesafe

Old 10-02-2010, 01:45 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 969 Likes on 732 Posts

The Fuel Pak works well for some bikes, depends on the set up. It does not have a lot of adjustment range and V&H will not tell you what the settings do, they will just tell you which ones to change. I tried one on my 07 SB and nothing they did helped the decel pop and backfiring. Installed a TMax and besides cleaning up all the noise, it ran MUCH better. It also gives you flexibility in tuning and upgradging components down the road. And you don't need a dyno.

Old 10-02-2010, 02:53 PM
treadstone
Cruiser

Originally Posted by PhilCat th PeaceFrog
SE 2-1 with SERT & dynotune = no decel pop ... ever. Not anything I'd want to have to get use to no offense previous post but when it right its right & dosnt pop when slowing down. It has to work cause i dont need a rear brake the engine is mine. Have fun & ridesafe
No offense taken...its just a very small pop every once in a while so I dont mind. I believe you can however find out what each mode in the fuel pak affects for adjustments. Im just not really into doing fine tuning...It has to plug and play for me...