Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Footboards.......Review and Pix's

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 12:23 PM
ehc0720
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the website? I thought I was on it but can't find the part number.

Old 12-04-2009, 12:35 PM
ehc0720
Tourer

Sorry, I just found it, thanks for the info and your setup looks great!!!

Old 12-04-2009, 12:50 PM
Teal40
Intermediate
Thumbs up Looks Great

Web site is not too friendly, but click the "Product Instructions" link and put the part number in the search box and you can download the instructions.

Old 12-04-2009, 01:14 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

I love them. A very probable x-mas gift for my Low Rider.

Old 12-04-2009, 01:21 PM
lakeboi
Advanced

I like them! Been looking for something to replace the mids but can't get hooked on the forwards.

How is vibration with the V-Twin footboards?

Old 12-04-2009, 03:20 PM
thealaskan
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

... thanks for the install!

Old 12-04-2009, 04:38 PM
Puttnutt24
Road Warrior
Received 209 Likes on 116 Posts

Not bad at all. I just got back from a pretty good ride and they turned out alittle more comfortable then I thought. I rode with a buddy on a Street Glide and after I rode his bike I determined that the boards on the Dyna wern't much higher then his. Vibration on my feet was non exsistant. Overall I was real happy, guess I'll keep em......Rich

Old 12-04-2009, 05:10 PM
lakeboi
Advanced

Mind sharing where you purchased? I think I saw my local shop as a dealer on the website.

Old 12-04-2009, 08:35 PM
Puttnutt24
Road Warrior
Received 209 Likes on 116 Posts

I had to go to my local indy shop. They need to be a V-Twin Manufacturing distributor and few factory shops are as I came to find out. I also tried to find a on-line source but was unable to.
You know, there are a few threads here on this forum about installing floorboard/footboards on a Dyna and each one was pretty involved. The most common method was to obtain a set off a obsolete Defender Dyna police bike and make quite a few modifications to the shift side to make it work. I was surprised to find out just how easy it was after i recieved and installed this kit. I'm curious why others didn't go this route and I'd love to hear how much (or lack of) foot room the other set-ups provided. I'd sure love these boards to be about 2 inches lower, thats for sure.
I guess there isn't much of a market for floorboards on a Dyna and I can understand that on most models other then the Fat Bob but my Fat Bob was screaming for a set. Have a great weekend everyone, Rich

Old 12-05-2009, 07:57 AM
pockets2000
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Puttnutt24
I had to go to my local indy shop. They need to be a V-Twin Manufacturing distributor and few factory shops are as I came to find out. I also tried to find a on-line source but was unable to.
You know, there are a few threads here on this forum about installing floorboard/footboards on a Dyna and each one was pretty involved. The most common method was to obtain a set off a obsolete Defender Dyna police bike and make quite a few modifications to the shift side to make it work. I was surprised to find out just how easy it was after i recieved and installed this kit. I'm curious why others didn't go this route and I'd love to hear how much (or lack of) foot room the other set-ups provided. I'd sure love these boards to be about 2 inches lower, thats for sure.
I guess there isn't much of a market for floorboards on a Dyna and I can understand that on most models other then the Fat Bob but my Fat Bob was screaming for a set. Have a great weekend everyone, Rich

Not sure this kit was available when most did the footboards. Glad to see someone is finally making a nice kit. I see you took off the heel toe shift. I personally love the heel toe shift. The only modification I had to do was a 5 inch by 2.5 inch aluminum plate with 3 holes drilled in it. 20 minutes to make. I used a heel/toe shift kit from eglide goodies. Overall cost was the same as buying the part for the defender kit. I am still not sold on that big ole ugly heel toe shifter with the kit. Other than that it looks very good. To use the eglide shifter I had to use a softail board on the left side - that was the need for the bracket. softail boards are 8 inch on center at the brackets the dyna board is 10 inch.

Attached Thumbnails Dyna Footboards.......Review and Pix's-footboard2.jpg  
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Dyna Footboards.......Review and Pix's