Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Footboards.......Review and Pix's

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 09:50 PM
Puttnutt24
Road Warrior
Received 209 Likes on 116 Posts
Default Dyna Footboards Floorboards.......FOR SALE 12/6

I just finished installing V-Twin Manufacturing Footboard Kit for '95 to present Dyna's. Overall I am very pleased with the outcome. I only have one complaint and because it's pretty huge, I'll wait to the end to share it.
Kit arrived in a well packed box. Fit, finish and quality was better then expected. I made a few modifications which I'll share but overall I was very pleased with the installation. I was alittle leary at first after reading "made in Tiwain" on the box. But like I said, the quality turned out to be very good.
I started on the shifter side. I made two pretty sizable changes, first, the heal toe shifter supplied in the kit was shelved. It is constructed so that you HAD to use the heal shifter to upshift because you could not fit your toe beneath the front shifter to shift. I used the stock shift lever and it worked great. I've always removed the heal shifter in the past anyway. The shift linkage that came in the kit was 10" long, and althought it was a nice polished piece, I utilized a 12" SS linkage I had laying around from a touring/softail bike. It turned out to be a better set up.
I then moved to the brake side and other then installing an additional shim in the brake arm to tighten things up, it went togeather real smooth. As you can see in the photo's, I used all polished chrome hardware. The hardware that came in the kit was polished stainless but still had the knurles and I prefer smooth.
Now, for the only complaint I have and it is kinda huge, probebly enough that I will remove the set up but I'm going to give it an honest shot before I make up my mind. The boards are to high. My knees are bent way more then I like but after I took it for a short test ride it didn't feels as bad as when I sat on the bike in my garage. This is my first Dyna and I've ridden nothing but Touring bikes and Fat Boys in the past and these boards are deffinitly higher then both those. So, if your a short legged kinda person, you'll love these. If your inseam is longer then say a 34", stick to your forward controls. I love footboards over both forwards and mids so I'll stick it out as long as possible.......................Rich

Last edited by Puttnutt24; 12-22-2009 at 01:09 AM.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:53 PM
07fxdb
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks good

Old 12-03-2009, 09:54 PM
Puttnutt24
Road Warrior

Oh, and one more thing. The floorboard pans are unique. I went to my local dealer to pick up a set of black traditional footboard pans and the spacing on the supports are wider on the kits. So as soon as it starts to rain, these are off to the powdercoaters......Rich

Old 12-03-2009, 09:57 PM
lucky chuckie
Tourer

I like them. Would like to see about some on my CVO Fat Bob, but I'd have to change some of the black hardware for chrome.

Last edited by lucky chuckie; 12-03-2009 at 09:59 PM. Reason: removed photo
Old 12-03-2009, 09:59 PM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior

Looks good, but I'm long legged so I'll stay away. Just curious though, how much $$$ is the kit?

Old 12-03-2009, 10:02 PM
danktat
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

The full size boards look pretty good on a dyna. Let us know how the ride is over the next few hundred miles.

Old 12-03-2009, 10:10 PM
Oldman - New Iron
Tourer

Those look sweet. They've got another customer. Do they have them in chrome ? I'll check their website.

Old 12-03-2009, 11:41 PM
Puttnutt24
Road Warrior

They cost 403.00 and they come in both black and chrome

Old 12-04-2009, 07:08 AM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I like them, I tried to get on there website but it sucks.

Old 12-04-2009, 11:49 AM
Puttnutt24
Road Warrior

Part Number is 27-0920

Quick Reply: Dyna Footboards.......Review and Pix's