Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TWO-UP...How's do the Dyna's Handle at Speed?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 10:36 PM
krusty1
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by arnold
my ole lady loves the back of Bob, we have made a couple vacation trips and we packed up and went flying down the road just fine, I did change the seat for her. We have done 125 mph running with some jap crap down 183 I think we surprised him, that was with HD detach wind shield and bags, it helps if your ole lady has the right attitude and trusts you with her life (we have been riding together 25 yrs though), good ole lady.
Oh, she trusts me (God knows why), and she's been all over in 40 years of marriage, but I was just wondering if I could trust the bike. The opinions I've heard reassure me a great deal about riding two up on the Dyna.

But Arnold, even if I'd been pulling my camper trailer, with the old lady on the back of my Valkyrie....125 is just when she starts getting really smooth. You'd likely be looking at the tailights of my 'soulless jap crap as it pulls away.

The FXD does, however, make much better potato-potato sounds!

It's all good.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:05 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts

How will it handle at speed? I've had my wife on the back with my WG topped out - which I'm guessing is around 104 at best. We regularly do 90 on it. No problems.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:35 PM
arnold
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by krusty1
Oh, she trusts me (God knows why), and she's been all over in 40 years of marriage, but I was just wondering if I could trust the bike. The opinions I've heard reassure me a great deal about riding two up on the Dyna.

But Arnold, even if I'd been pulling my camper trailer, with the old lady on the back of my Valkyrie....125 is just when she starts getting really smooth. You'd likely be looking at the tailights of my 'soulless jap crap as it pulls away.

The FXD does, however, make much better potato-potato sounds!

It's all good.
LOL. Jap crap is usually faster for its comparable size, I just much prefer HD. I have ridden/owned my share of JC but its just not the same. I personally prefer HD-Triumph-Guzzi or Beemer to any ricer out there despite performance, I like a bike that I can be proud of and I have never felt the pride of ownership with any of the ricers I have owned, but to each his own, I don't care what anybody rides Ill ride with them if I like them but I don't need to own one, its just not who I am anymore.(that's not good or bad its just what it is). I do like some of the Valkyrie though, be a nice 2nd bike if I could get passed Triumph.
Have fun.

Attached Thumbnails TWO-UP...How's do the Dyna's Handle at Speed?-tbos19c7fi6x3rngvu.jpg   TWO-UP...How's do the Dyna's Handle at Speed?-rocket-iii-roadster-1-895x671.jpg   TWO-UP...How's do the Dyna's Handle at Speed?-2010_triumph_speed_triple_se.jpg   TWO-UP...How's do the Dyna's Handle at Speed?-tyler70.jpg  
Old 01-08-2010, 12:08 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I ride an 07 FXDC, between the wife and I your looking at about 440lbs of people on the bike when we ride two up.

Shocks turned all the way up and run about 4lbs psi over what the book says for the tires and the bike rides ok nothing like it does solo. Pick up and get and go is little slower than solo of coarse. But i have ran all day trips with her and ran 70 or 80 comfortably and ran the twisties. Just cant get as wild as i do when iam by myself.

In my opinion the bike is not made for that much weight and you can tell the handling differences no question. When its paid for ill get a bagger and that will be our two up bike until then if we both go riding its on the FXDC.

Old 01-08-2010, 07:53 AM
dyna07custom
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

No problem wife rides with me all the time

Old 01-08-2010, 08:54 AM
sniper77
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When I drag the g/f with me I don't like it one bit.

I'm 180, she's 160.

The first thing that happens when I twist the wick is the front wheel comes off the ground in first, second and, third gears. I can't move around because I back into her (not that that is a bad thing all the time) when trying to readjust on the seat.
She does get a lot of vibration through the pegs and has before and after the true-track install. We have a thick pillion so she doesn't complain about the seat comfort but we do have to stop so she can get the feeling back in her feet pretty often. The stock rear shocks bottom out (even with the highest pre-load adj.) on moderate bumps too.

My opinion, it's just not big enough for two-up.

Old 01-08-2010, 09:54 AM
Sammi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

We ride 2-up most of the time and bike performs perfect.

Tried several types of passenger pegs and found the HD Oversized Chrome & Rubber pegs do a great job of eliminating most of the vibration.

Sammi

Old 01-08-2010, 09:56 AM
ggadwa
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Default TWO-UP How's the Dyna at speed?

Two up much of the time here and lots and lots of twisties and its a long ways to anywhere from Stanley Idaho. The wife loves riding two up with me. As for speed and handling....Certainly the FXDC is better with just rider but very comfortable two up on long trips.

Don't take yourself so seriously....no one else does....just Ride and ENJOY.

GARY

Old 01-08-2010, 10:08 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

my bike handles great. I have an 05 so my pegs are not attached to the swingarm.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:30 AM
r00k
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My girl weighs a whopping 100lb soaking wet. The bike actually behaves better with her on the back as I'm only 150...

I've seen guys on dyna's that weighed more then the both of us combined.

Quick Reply: TWO-UP...How's do the Dyna's Handle at Speed?