Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TWO-UP...How's do the Dyna's Handle at Speed?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 07:25 PM
krusty1
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default TWO-UP...How's do the Dyna's Handle at Speed?

While my wife will be generally be riding on the bagger for extended trips (when she's not riding her own bike) any tips about how my FXD will probably handle 'two-up'? I never had a bike with the passenger pegs attached to the swing arm...do most passengers have any problem with that?

Old 01-07-2010, 07:29 PM
blacknsilver
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I ride 2 up wth my wife all the time and no problems. Even on the highway at high speeds. I thought about getting her mini floorboards for more comfort.

Old 01-07-2010, 07:38 PM
justmejohn44
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default no prob

I have not had any problems with my riding 2up on my WG my old lady loves the ride. Lots of highway riding, and curvy mountain road riding. You should be fine.

Old 01-07-2010, 07:40 PM
sibur
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ride 2 up with the wife no problem. got a set of mini floorboards and a Sundowner seat. I haven't heard her complain but my pipes are loud.

Old 01-07-2010, 07:58 PM
jason628
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Greetings,

No issues here at all...We've been on a couple hundred mile trips and she didn't complain one bit at all.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:03 PM
henryk
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have used my FXD for 2 up riding with no problems. After 2 hours of rough country road riding my wifes only complaint was a sore butt. I asked her about the swing arm pegs and she said that was not a problem which I was surprised about because of how rough the roads were. Forward controls made a big difference for my comfort when 2 up riding. The bike is very stable and comfortable with a passenger. I came off a full fairing metric touring bike and I think the Dyna is just as stable as my last bike.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:50 PM
Evil Stepdad
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I rode 2 up on my Fat Bob from Washington State to Sturgis and back this summer, no complaints from either of us, that's even with the stock seat!

Old 01-07-2010, 09:10 PM
Yul B. Nekst
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm small at 5'5", 150#, and I ride my ol' lady around for hours and miles on my '98 FXDL. No problem handling, or fatigue riding the bike at any speeds two up. Her secret was to buy a trailer tire innertube that she sits on. Mind the valve stem!
BE CAREFUL THOUGH! I bought the bike for ME to go back and forth to work with, and now it's OUR bike! Go figure?

Old 01-07-2010, 09:27 PM
krusty1
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm about 6'3" 240 pounds...wife's about 200 pounds. This is the smallest bike I've ever owned....feels like a circus bike. This may end up mostly a solo bike...which is OK....just wondering how these things handle big people....when I get on an ultra it feels tiny.

Old 01-07-2010, 09:59 PM
arnold
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

my ole lady loves the back of Bob, we have made a couple vacation trips and we packed up and went flying down the road just fine, I did change the seat for her. We have done 125 mph running with some jap crap down 183 I think we surprised him, that was with HD detach wind shield and bags, it helps if your ole lady has the right attitude and trusts you with her life (we have been riding together 25 yrs though), good ole lady.

Quick Reply: TWO-UP...How's do the Dyna's Handle at Speed?