Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help on my bike

Old 05-07-2012, 08:41 PM
vcap321
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help on my bike

hey..New to the community so hello and thanks in advance for all help!!!...
I have a 2010 fatbob, 3 days ago I was washing my bike and had my seat off, needless to say my power commander v got wet..bike has been running like a bag of crap since..I barely made it home with the thing..she didn't want to stay running and when she did I had to ride the clutch and keep her misfiring in high rpm's to get her to go anywhere...I wd-40 all fuses and power commander when I got home because I was told wd stands for water displacement..thought that it might work to m]pass the water through whatevers been wet...the next day she didn't want to start but when she did she would backfire and cut out..now bringing me to today which she still has a hard time starting after sitting for 5 min and then runs fine after a few pops and shakes...I took apart the fuse panel and cleaned everything out including blowing it with air..took out the power commander and plugged in the factory connectors and she still didn't wanna start...cleaned the commander plugged all back in and same fart and popping..finally threw codes being p0373 and p0505... any feedback will be much help! thx

Old 05-07-2012, 09:31 PM
annapolisfatbob
Tourer

dont know the codes but i had the same problem and it ended up being the crank position sensor not the pcv.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:37 PM
BeanDyna08
Intermediate

Hope this helps

P0373 CKP Sensor Intermittent EFI

P0505 Loss of Idle Sped Control EFI

Old 05-07-2012, 10:59 PM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

please dont tell me you used one of the wands at a car wash and power sprayed your bike

Old 05-07-2012, 11:03 PM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member
Received 835 Likes on 370 Posts

get a powervision. prob solved. doesnt stay on the bike

Old 05-08-2012, 12:12 AM
armybrat02
Tourer

Same thing happened to me with my PCIII. The main wiring harness was F'ed up and needed to be replaced because all of the connectors go wet. That is one of the main problems with PC's. The connection between the ECU and the PC is not tight enough. I ended up going with SERT when it all got fixed. Hope this helps and gives you somewhere to look.

Old 05-08-2012, 01:35 AM
Foxster
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Could be the CPS gone bad, they do sometimes. Seems a coincidence that it was at the same time as you got the bike too wet though. I think there's a good chance you have some water in there somewhere still.

I'd get the tank and seat off and dismantle every connector you can find and spray with WD40 and reassemble. Don't forget the HT leads, coil and plugs.

Old 05-08-2012, 05:02 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

With a pc-V what you are describing is very common. I washed mine with a regular garden hose the first time that happened. You have to disconnect the plug between the battery box and the fuse box, specifically these are your factory ECU's black plug and the pc-V's grey plug. You will find water in there when that happens, all you have to do is hold the plug upside-down to drain it and blow out the excess water. Or use low pressure air hose. Plug them back together and your off and running again! This can be done by the road-side in a pinch, but your hands will get greasy, so a gas station is a good place to do that. Try that first it's an easy fix and try not to let water get to the plug any more. It won't happen , at least not likely to happen while you are riding. Try that before anything complicated.
Side note If you spray all your wires and connectors they will collect more grease and dirt + wd 40 dries up eventually but the dirt will stay on creating material for moisture to gather and stay wet longer. -> my 2 c'ts.
Someone else mentioned powervision which doesn't have that problem because it doesn't piggy back with you, you can program your bike with it, and the pc-V's plug and water problem was the kicker. so i shelled out and i'm selling my pc-V.
The pc-V was good in it's day but in today's technology it's a dinosaur!

Last edited by maddghost; 05-08-2012 at 05:13 AM.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:05 AM
vcap321
6th Gear

thank you all very much!...Im gonna try all these things...seems to be a little better today but still has a hard time starting and backfires through the intake to where i have smoke comming out of the intake when she wants to start and then stalls

Old 05-08-2012, 12:05 PM
annapolisfatbob
Tourer

beandyna gave you the codes.........its your CKP!!!! i have a 2010 fatbob with pcv washed it and same thing happend. dont waste your time on all the connections and such its not your pcv.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: need help on my bike