Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour Master throw over saddle bags. Custom made for Dynas?

Old 02-22-2010, 08:19 PM
Manu
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just about to order the tourmasters but was trying to figure out the biggest size i could fit on my fatbob...can't wait to see the pics

Old 02-25-2010, 09:15 AM
krjoseph
Road Warrior

You get those TourMaster bags yet? I just got some Willie & Max Raptor Compact Slant. They are very small and I think they'll fit great. Gonna try to install them tonight, I'll get some pix when I do. Can't carry a lot, but me and the wife just wanted to be able to take a few small things with us on all-day rides.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:21 AM
fhansen
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I put these on-Tourmaster Cruiser III-about 15.5" total width.

Attached Thumbnails Tour Master throw over saddle bags. Custom made for Dynas?-dscf0822.jpg  
Old 03-02-2010, 11:05 AM
krjoseph
Road Warrior

Looks great, thanks for the pic.

Old 03-02-2010, 01:07 PM
sibur
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Throwover Bags from Donscycleware

Don't know if anyone has tried these bags but they are suppose to be made for Dynas, no turn signal re-location, 11" x 10" x 9", slant style, all leather. $149.

I came close to ordering them but I decided to do the turn signal relocation and mounted a larger set of bags. The signal relocation is not as bad as it sounds, if you just cut the wires solder and shrink wrap, took me about 40min ,with a coffee break.

Old 03-02-2010, 01:39 PM
plumbertom
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Tourmaster sissy bar bag, the extra large one. I think it's just great. Not only does it hold a lot in the main bag but it can be divided into different compartments and there are three large zippered pockets on the outside that hold extra stuff.
I have been thinking about getting a set of the XL throw over bags but I would like to see how the look on a Dyna.

Old 03-02-2010, 04:54 PM
Pa-Rider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the tourmaster throwover bags that you're getting, and although I do wish they were bigger, they fit perfectly in between the rear signal and shocks. Great for a hoodie and some odds and ends for a day trip, but not much more. Someday I may look into some larger hard bags. For now, they do just fine. Quality wise, they're just dandy..

Old 09-09-2010, 09:42 PM
love4steel
Cruiser

sux this thread died.. was looking forward to the pics.

Old 09-10-2010, 10:50 AM
Mike Horrell
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the Tourmaster NON-SLANT Extra Large bags on my Dyna. By adjusting the laced yoke,
I was able to get them to ride in such a manner as to clear the shocks and relocated turn
signals... JUST!!! It was REAL tight. As you can see, they sat at a noticeable tilt but it all worked.

Since then I went with Edge brackets and converted the bags to clip-ons with a sheet of
reinforcing aluminum fitted inside the bags. Works perfectly but since they now sit
flat, they had to be mounted higher than normal to clear the shocks as can be seen in
this pic..

I find the extra size extremely handy in all sorts of touring situations and despite sitting
high, they have no noticeable effect on the bike's balance. I only mount them when
I need them but they slip right on and off in seconds.

Oh, yeah... who says you can't tour on a Dyna? I spent 10 days on it in that lower
configuration and it worked great...

Old 09-10-2010, 11:15 AM
dmayer
Tourer

I'm also looking for a small set of bags that I can easily take on and off without relocating the turn signals. Look forward to pictures and a review!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tour Master throw over saddle bags. Custom made for Dynas?