Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour Master throw over saddle bags. Custom made for Dynas?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 03:41 PM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 250 Likes on 146 Posts
Default Tour Master throw over saddle bags. Custom made for Dynas?

I saw a thread yesterday about throw over saddle bags and it got me looking at then again. All I want is some saddle bags I can throw on when when I'm gone for the day and need a little extra storage. I not interested in fixed bags and don't want to relocate my turn signals so I'm going to have to go with 12" wide x 9 to 9 1/2" high slant bags. Like most looking at saddle bags, I want them to look good and fit right.....a problem with most throw overs and that's why many either don't bother putting them on or go to fixed bags. I think I may have found the perfect throw overs for Dynas though.

Four customer reviews said these Tour Master Cruiser II slant bags are a perfect fit for Dynas. I'm assumung they're all talking about the medium size (12" wide x 9" high x 6" deep). All but one that is. In the 2nd review down he says he went with the "large size" and not the "XL" or "SM". I'm not sure if he confused large for medium or if he relocated his turn signals and was able to fit larger bags. The company doesn't make a small size. Only Med (9"x12"x6"), Lg (9"x15"x6") and XL (9"x18"x6"). Another guy clearly states that he didn't have to relocate his turn signals or do any other type of mods for the bags to fit.

I'm ordering them tomorrow and I'lll update you guys on the fit. I Hope this helps some of you who are looking at saddle bags for your Dynas. I think they're real nice looking bags and the price is ok $116.99. If they fit perfectly and are good quality they're worth it to me.

Below is the link of the bags with all the reviews and some of the reviews I cut and pasted.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...Saddlebag.aspx

"Cruiser II Fits HD Dyna Fat Bob Like a Glove. If you have a HD Dyna, these bags will fit your bike as it they were made for it. I have a 2008 Fat Bob. The bags look like they were made for the bike. Very happy with them. "

"Cruzier II Slant Bags Awesome fit on my 2005 Dyna Lowrider, like they were made just for it!!! Glad I went with the large size not the XL or the SM, the Large is perfect for day cruzin!!!"

"Tourmaster Cruiser II Slant bags on Dynas Have been using these on my 2008 FXDC. When my wife decided she wanted to put bags on her 2009 FXDB. After all her looking, she decided she couldn't improve on what I already had, so, we got her a set. The bags fit the Dynas with no modifications. I didn't want to move the turn signals- like them just as they are for when I want to strap down a touring bag on the seat. I threw the bags on under the seat and wedged them in between the shocks and turn signals. They are completely stable, empty or full, with no need to use the attachment straps. On both bikes, they look like they were made specifically for these bikes (maybe they were?). They don't hold a ton of stuff, but they have plenty of room for the odds and ends that make commuting and day trips more enjoyable."

"Cruiser II Slant bags on 08 FXDC These bags look like they were made just for the Dynas. Did not have to use any tie downs; the bags fit like they were custom made to fit between the rear turn signals and the shocks, wedging in tightly. I only wanted bags big enough to carry the daily commute essentials, and these do that just fine."

Old 02-14-2010, 04:11 PM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks! Like you, I'm sorta looking for a reasonably priced set of bags I can use a couple of times a year. I have a bagger for road trips and long vacations, but want to be able to take the Street Bob on weekend jaunts.

I'll be looking forward to your review!

Old 02-14-2010, 04:19 PM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 250 Likes on 146 Posts

No Problem. I'll be sure to update everyone. I hope they're as good as those reviews say. If so, I'll be glad I didn't buy another kind just for the sake of buying them.

Old 02-14-2010, 04:37 PM
sickwithit
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tour master makes some great stuff. I have a set of their bags on my bike.

Old 02-14-2010, 04:58 PM
Wilson_fxdf
6th Gear

Looking forward to hear how you like them. I'm looking for a set of cheaper bags and these might be the ticket.

Old 02-14-2010, 05:47 PM
Minnesota FXDF
Cruiser

I am also looking forward to your review. I am looking for a set of throw overs that don't require brackets, or mods to the turn signals.

Old 02-14-2010, 10:46 PM
krjoseph
Road Warrior

Thanks for being a guinea pig, I've been thinking about getting those bags myself. Let us know how they work and post pics once you install them. Thanks! I favor Tourmaster gear, second that "great stuff" sentiment. I did 80 miles in the lower 30s yesterday using their heated gear. Never even felt chilly. Their jackets and pants work well too.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:28 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

Great link. They seem to have alot of great luggage at pretty good prices.

Old 02-15-2010, 08:06 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Ok my take... I purchased my bike back in 07. Pre-owned I was fortunate enough to have a set of H-D Latigo throwover saddlebags installed on the bike. The latigo bags are the same dimensions as a size medium tourmaster. These things are small. Look at the capacity of the bags... 1296 cubic inches. That is split between the 2 bags. Now for the same price you can get a H-D multi fit overnight bag with 1900 cubic inches capacity for a rear rack... Well here's the kicker, The width ,length and depth of those saddle bags are not even big enough to hold a six pack of beer without taking the bottles out of the holder. Never mind a leather jacket. Hell a sweatshirt, can fill one of em up. Go out to eat and find yourself with leftovers, the box they put them in won't fit. Anyways, the size of these small bags is completely useless for carrying much of anything. Better off getting a bag for a rear rack. All the luggage space is in one piece and can fit the larger Items you may want to carry on your bike because it has enough width, length, and depth.

Old 02-15-2010, 08:10 AM
lucky chuckie
Tourer

I'm thinking about some panniers? Anyone else have them on their Dyna?Panniers are the aluminum boxes.

Last edited by lucky chuckie; 02-15-2010 at 08:14 AM.

Quick Reply: Tour Master throw over saddle bags. Custom made for Dynas?