Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sat on my first Corbin seat today.

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 02:53 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default sat on my first Corbin seat today.

stopped by a local dealer for a smoke and some free coffee... they had an 03 lowrider for sale in the used section sporting a Corbin gambler seat.... The gambler is their low profile 2up seat.... Man that seat was great... really nice and firm and the leather sure felt better than my vinyl. Thing that sucks about the corbins... for the 04+ models they have their unique mounting system that does not use the rear seatbolt. The seat actually covers it. Too bad there would be no way to use the haulin *** backrest on one....

Old 02-16-2010, 03:03 PM
firefighter3666
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are thinking of buying a Corbin you should take a look at the Dual Tour. Granted it's not as low profile as the Gambler, but the backrest is awesome.

Old 02-16-2010, 03:09 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member

I'm not really thinking about buying one (at least not in the near future) I have wanted to get to sit on one and check it out.... Only one I would ever buy is the gambler. I like thin low profile seats for comfort and looks. I actually find big seats uncomfortable.

Last edited by rounder; 02-16-2010 at 03:17 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:40 PM
super05
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rounder
stopped by a local dealer for a smoke and some free coffee... they had an 03 lowrider for sale in the used section sporting a Corbin gambler seat.... The gambler is their low profile 2up seat.... Man that seat was great... really nice and firm and the leather sure felt better than my vinyl. Thing that sucks about the corbins... for the 04+ models they have their unique mounting system that does not use the rear seatbolt. The seat actually covers it. Too bad there would be no way to use the haulin *** backrest on one....
I've lived this experience.
got a gambler cheap, 2005 Superglide.
very comfy - firm but comfy.
had to sell my haulin *** backrest even before i used it (bought both in the winter).
Still have the gambler for longer rides but mostly use a lepera daytona sport.
wish i still had the ha backrest when i use the lepera.
the ha have gone up significantly in price - so I'm not going to pay what they are asking now.

I hate the corbin 04-05 mounting scheme - it's a pain in the *** ...
nice seat though - NOT a pain in the ***.

Old 02-16-2010, 03:44 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by super05
I've lived this experience.
got a gambler cheap, 2005 Superglide.
very comfy - firm but comfy.
had to sell my haulin *** backrest even before i used it (bought both in the winter).
Still have the gambler for longer rides but mostly use a lepera daytona sport.
wish i still had the ha backrest when i use the lepera.
the ha have gone up significantly in price - so I'm not going to pay what they are asking now.

I hate the corbin 04-05 mounting scheme - it's a pain in the *** ...
nice seat though - NOT a pain in the ***.
how does the daytona compare... I think that is my favorite looking seat out there.

Old 02-16-2010, 03:46 PM
super05
Cruiser

I'm not really thinking about buying one (at least not in the near future) I have wanted to get to sit on one and check it out.... Only one I would ever buy is the gambler. I like thin low profile seats for comfort and looks. I actually find big seats uncomfortable.

one more thing rounder - IMHO, the 2003 gambler seat you saw is MUCH better looking than the one that will fit your bike. The 03- is lower profile in the passenger section, the 04+ pasenger pillion looks a bit goofy to me, maybe becasue of the way it covers the mount hole. you can see the difference on the corbin site - they have pics of both

Old 02-16-2010, 03:54 PM
super05
Cruiser

how does the daytona compare... I think that is my favorite looking seat out there.
it compares pretty favorably actually. my daytona is carbon fiber in the drivers section and VERY stiff vinyl in the passenger section. Seems that the carbon fiber was a short lived experiment at lepera. The seat is softer than the gambler - but not in a bad way. I consider it a solo seat - the passenger section is slick, hard and it slopes away - never would be able to convince anyone to sit there unless absolutely necessary. It's significantly more comfy than a barebones. I've had most of them - stock, HD Badlander (ouch), Mustang vintage solo, barebones solo, corbin gambler, corbin hollywood solo, lepera daytona. Gambler is the most comfy for my boney ***.

Old 02-16-2010, 04:23 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by super05
one more thing rounder - IMHO, the 2003 gambler seat you saw is MUCH better looking than the one that will fit your bike. The 03- is lower profile in the passenger section, the 04+ pasenger pillion looks a bit goofy to me, maybe becasue of the way it covers the mount hole. you can see the difference on the corbin site - they have pics of both
I see what you mean. One thing is the bike they have it on is an FXDX with 13" shocks. Having a much lower rear end with my 12" shocks, the seat will not look as high in the rear as on the FXDX....In other words It probably looks better on my bike. If you get what I am saying. Kinda like I loved the way my solo and pillion looked on my bike with 11" shocks, but, with the taller 12" ones I don't like it near as much cause of the angle the seat ends up at. The pillion actually ends up with the *** end a tad higher than where it meets the front seat vs before where it had a slope down towards the back cause of the way the bike sat.