Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Dyna Glide Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models-9/)
-   -   Denim Paint for Street Bob (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models/48273-denim-paint-for-street-bob.html)

bhick21 07-28-2006 05:54 PM

Denim Paint for Street Bob

I've decided to purchace my first Harley!! I'm looking at the '07 Street Bob but am undecided wether I should go vivid black or black denim. I love how the Black Denim looks brand new but have concerns on how it will hold up. Concerned about cleaning the bugs and bird sh#t off of it. I've heard good and bad things about the denim paint so I'm just looking for more advice from some people who have the denim paint.

BeavisRules 07-28-2006 05:58 PM

RE: Denim Paint for Street Bob

LOVE IT!!

The bike cleans up really easy. The biggest drawback that I have had is that it seems to attract dirt pretty quickly. A quick wipe and all is well.

Cory 07-28-2006 05:59 PM

I love the denim

I've found it to be very durable.
Cleanup is very easy....just wipe it down with a cloth and some windex.
Also, you never have to worry about clearcoat swirls or waxing.

RonnR 07-28-2006 06:05 PM

There has been a lot of questions about the Black Denim paint.. But the truth is simple... no one has had it long enough to tell. Harley has had it long enough to get a head start on us,, but I doubt they even know for sure what its going to look like 4-5 years from now......
I sure like it now......

streetbobhans 07-28-2006 06:08 PM

Take the black denim, it looks great..

kaduku 07-28-2006 06:11 PM

I'm sure just like all paint, leaving it in the sun for prolong periods will eventually fade the paint. I keep my bike in the garage and never take it to work, so I hope the look will last. Take it from the owners though, the Black Denim paint is very durable, I hardly wash it, but I don't ride in the rain.

TOMMAY 07-28-2006 07:42 PM

Mine's been sittin' outside in the heat and rain everyday at work for months and so far no problem.

Good Luck

Tom

soup48 07-28-2006 08:34 PM

I ahve heard that the denim paint will turn just like the jeans. I'm not sure if that is true,so let me know if it does.LOL

Mascman 07-28-2006 09:08 PM

The Denim looks cool.

I thought about it, but went with the Vivid Black and am not sorry at all.

I knew that I would be adding some chrome here and there and with that nice gloss finish it just looks so good!

The gloss will also make a nice basecoat for some custom work later on.;)

My vote goes for VIVID BLACK!

dubblist 07-28-2006 09:24 PM

the denim will fade over time or so they say. The only issue I've had with it is when I took off my rear fender reflectors I rubbed a little too hard with the soft rag I was using. Now I have slight fadded marks on each side, not very big but I notice it