Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speakers on my Dyna...AWESOME!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 10:47 PM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 10HDFXD
I got spoiled being on the back of my husbands Street Glide. His speakers are clear as day at 80 mph.
He must have an aftermarket setup for his sound system? I've ridden two Street Glides. A 2006 and a 2008. At highway speeds the sound is poor. In order to turn it up loud enough to hear "clear as day", it distorts big time. this is the main reason I stopped myself from buying a Street Glide (or any bagger for that matter).

I'm not going to pay all that extra money for a stereo equipped fairing just to have a sub par experience.

Originally Posted by 10HDFXD
Apparently there are no amp/handlebar speaker combos out there that are good on the highway.
There are speaker combos out there that you can hear on the highway. The Pyle PLMCA60 is one of them. The problem is people do not have realistic expectations with any of these type systems.

The speakers are small, and the wind is whipping loudly all around. If you manage your equalizer correctly, and ensure your MP3's are ripped/burned with good volume leveling, you can jam out with the Pyle system at 70mph no problem.

Old 06-18-2010, 03:21 AM
DonN
Road Warrior
Received 207 Likes on 141 Posts

I have the DWS system. The screen on the right speaker fell off, and I wasnt about to stop in the middle of the expressway to find it. No big deal.

On the second day of our road trip, it rained hard. The amp is in a fork bag and I didnt remove it and I didnt think rain would get into it. The next day, the sound is all poppy (?) like there is an electical short. So definitely not water proof. So down goes this system.

Finally found a set of ear buds that are low profile enough that my ff helmet doesnt make my ears hurt. Best solution as save my ears from wind noise and still hear the tunes. Still wish I could use the speakers for just around town though.

Don

Old 03-18-2011, 06:16 AM
m&mfxdc
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi. I saw your comment about the metrix system. I just bought one for my 2009 fxdc. Where did you put your amp? We kinda looked the other day and didnt see a good spot for it.Any info would be greatly app.
Thanks, matt