Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speakers on my Dyna...AWESOME!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 04:37 PM
LWOS
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

have the Pyle 300 watt system on my bike. It screams the music I freakin love this thing. Check it out here.

I went to the site that he said "CHECK IT OUT HERE"...... and the PYLE system on that site said NOTHING about being waterproof. Your insert says DWG speakers, not PYLE.
That's why I questioned it......

Old 03-29-2010, 04:42 PM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The DWG is the system the OP is referring to in this thread.

Old 03-29-2010, 04:48 PM
LWOS
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yep........I see that now!! I thought the poster had the PYLE system. My error. Thanks.

Old 03-29-2010, 05:45 PM
amish
Road Captain

Is joe still making bags?
how much do they cost?
Thanks

Old 03-29-2010, 06:27 PM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LWOS
I went to the site that he said "CHECK IT OUT HERE"...... and the PYLE system on that site said NOTHING about being waterproof. Your insert says DWG speakers, not PYLE.
That's why I questioned it......
http://www.pyleaudio.com/itemdetail.asp?model=PLMCA20

Pyle speakers are waterproof - the amp isn't but I've yet to find any add on bike system where the amp is listed as waterproof. My gf has the Pyle and has had zero problems after riding through several rainstorms.

Old 03-30-2010, 07:09 PM
blackpearl49
Intermediate
Default Metrix Audio

Thinking about installing a 2 inch bullet speakers with 50 watt amp made by metrix Audo, on my Dyna Wide. Has anybody heard of these and are they any good?

Thanks

Old 03-30-2010, 08:35 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

That 300w amp is rated 300w PEAK which is like 1sec. Look at the RMS value. It's probably closer to 50-75w.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:10 PM
lilspanky
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
That 300w amp is rated 300w PEAK which is like 1sec. Look at the RMS value. It's probably closer to 50-75w.
+1 he is right but i have the pyle system and it is really loud.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:19 PM
JohnnyBravo
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mixter
Have any of you tried the Fork Bag stereo at Highway speeds with no fairing or windshield? I am just wondering if it's worth getting one for me...I also tend to wear ear plugs for the wind.
I have bar mounted speakers and also use ear plugs occasionally.....you can still hear music....but not loud.....but hey with ear plugs, nothing is loud

Old 06-17-2010, 10:36 PM
10HDFXD
Advanced

Originally Posted by blackpearl49
Thinking about installing a 2 inch bullet speakers with 50 watt amp made by metrix Audo, on my Dyna Wide. Has anybody heard of these and are they any good?

Thanks
I have 2010 Superglide with no shield and I just installed the Hogtunes Metrix MA-2 amp and speakers. I took it out on the highway and over 50 mph I couldn't hear anything. Around town below 50 mph they are pretty good but no good for the highway. I really don't want a big goofy windshield but I really would like tunes. I got spoiled being on the back of my husbands Street Glide. His speakers are clear as day at 80 mph.

Don't like the headphone/ipod combo. Just doesn't seem very safe. I guess I will try to return them. Apparently there are no amp/handlebar speaker combos out there that are good on the highway. Someone needs to figure this out and make those speakers louder.

However the forkbag stereo is intriguing. Has anyone posted how it sounds with out a shield? I dont see that on here. Also nothing about price.

Quick Reply: Speakers on my Dyna...AWESOME!!!