Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob Tri-Bar tail light quit working

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 06:48 PM
Northern B
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Fat Bob Tri-Bar tail light quit working

Anyone else have this problem? The only thing that still works are the license plate lights. I plugged in the stock tail light and it works fine. I called my dealer and they said they have had a few others do the same but the moco will not cover them after 90 days. The replacement lamp is almost the same cost as the whole kit .... I've only had the light on for approx. 4000 miles.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:18 PM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just read about this happening to someone else on another forum. Something like $200 to replace the LED. That's seriously screwed up since the whole idea of LED is to last damn near forever.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:31 PM
Northern B
Tourer

Originally Posted by BoomerBob
I just read about this happening to someone else on another forum. Something like $200 to replace the LED. That's seriously screwed up since the whole idea of LED is to last damn near forever.
I totally agree .... I was pretty pissed .... my wife bought the light for me and I love the way it looks. I am very unimpressed with the quality of some of the HD parts that I have purchased lately ... I think I will be going with aftermarket parts from now on.

Old 09-20-2009, 12:11 AM
HSB
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Bummer I have been thinking of getting one for my 09 but have also read now several times others with the same problem the main LED board wigs out...
If you decied to reinstall your original taillight I would be intrested in taking that one off your hands for a fee of course, to see if I can adapt something other than the LED's into it...
Let me know.......

Old 09-20-2009, 02:00 AM
NEW2BAG
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happened to me. My tabs broke first so I fixed that myself as it was not covered. Then halfway across the state my buddy lets me know i have no running or brake lights. Plate lights worked though. Ripped the thing apart and the LEDs worked if I applied voltage across them, but some of the other electronics were smoked

Bought a replacement on ebay. If it craps out I am going to go a different route.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:28 AM
luckyB
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sucks to hear so many people are having issues with the tri-bar light... from broken tabs to the light not working. Hopefully I can get a couple years out of mine... especially for what it cost (and should have been stock).

Old 09-20-2009, 10:57 AM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior
Received 204 Likes on 157 Posts

if you are buying Harley aftermarket electronics, ie leds, lighted gas caps.. its a crap shoot on how long it will last. most of those parts cant Handel the vibration and they are mostly cheap Chinese crap anyways. that stuff isn't made in the states anymore

Old 09-20-2009, 11:11 AM
WickedNite08
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the dealer install my TriBar light at the time of purchase of my 09 Fatbob. By doing so It was covered under the 2 year warranty plan on the bike. 1600 miles into it, while washing the bike I discovered the tabs that hold the light in place were broken. Took the bike in. They looked it up on the system and replaced the whole thing under warranty. I was asked how I discovered it. Bike got dirty and I washed it. . Still covered for the next 1.5 years on the new one.

Old 09-20-2009, 12:56 PM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wonder if this would fit and look ok on the fat tire Softail's ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fat-B...=p4506.c0.m245

Old 09-20-2009, 03:28 PM
Northern B
Tourer

I've been looking for something to replace my tri-bar, here are a couple of other options .... the cycle visions light is kinda pricey:

http://www.radiantz.com/cart/index1.html?c16.html&1

http://www.cyclevisions.com/road-rod...it/eliminator/

Quick Reply: Fat Bob Tri-Bar tail light quit working