Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Dyna Glide Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models-9/)
-   -   Front AND BACK tank lift Pics - 07 Street Bob (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models/514367-front-and-back-tank-lift-pics-07-street-bob.html)

HeLtErSKeLtER 05-12-2010 04:48 PM

Front AND BACK tank lift Pics - 07 Street Bob

5 Attachment(s)
Here is the project I did last weekend. I bought the billet powdercoat 2" lift off ebay for $45 shipped. Looked everywhere for info on rear lifts. It looked a little off with the front lift only, to my eye.

After contacting a couple of tank lift makers and getting ignored by one (on this forum) and told "not interested,bud" by the other guy (eBay), I went to lowes and for around $20 got everything I needed.

I used drilled right angle and ground it down to double eye washers, but when I get my mig welder wired in, I'll probably just grind down the edge of a couple washers and weld them together.

Later this summer, I'm installing the burly slammer kit, wide glide front end, and 3 degree fork cups. Got oversized wheels going on with avon venom's as well. Will update you guys when I have more pics.

If you want to see some of the parts going on my bike, take a look on my home page. I have 5 or 6 albums there. Later.

HelterS

tscreener 05-12-2010 05:01 PM

nice

That looks nice, I may try that with 1 inch in back and 2 in front. Might be the new tank lift trend.

nathanw 05-12-2010 05:35 PM

I like it as well. It looks much more balanced than the front only lift does.

HeLtErSKeLtER 05-12-2010 05:39 PM

Thanks, it's a pretty easy mod. The lift on the rear of mine is around 3/4. You will have to slightly bend the seat tab or it won't engage the keeper slot on the frame. The best part of the front/rear lift is the rocker boxes are completely exposed = easy to clean.

I removed my plastic wiring channel from the rear and used 2 heavy duty black zips to pull the wiring up an extra inch. I also discovered a nice little hiding place under the right tank shell where I can stash a velcro tab to hold my garage opener.

FenceSC 05-12-2010 06:36 PM

I like the look of being able to see the tops of the cylinder heads. Any chance of getting pictures of the rear bracket?

:icon_eddie:

rokrawlr 05-12-2010 06:46 PM

Interesting look. Makes it look even more "frisco" style. Nice job.

AFHuey 05-12-2010 06:48 PM

Sweet! I am going to try this one out. I like the looks.

HeLtErSKeLtER 05-12-2010 06:52 PM

Rear Bracket & seat tab bend pics

2 Attachment(s)
Sure, no problem. Here are a couple pics.

Wonkaboy 05-12-2010 07:19 PM

Looks Great !

BlockHead96 05-12-2010 07:48 PM

Looks much better with the rear lifted too! That said, I bet the fuel gauge is much more accurate now with the rear lifted. I removed my front lift in favor of a more correct reading of fuel. That helps when on a road trip and every oz. of gas counts! The front lift only decreases overall capacity.